Sales Associate, AJC
- Full Time
The AJC is looking for a smart and motivated Business Development Representative to join our sales team. We are looking for ambitious individuals with the ability to generate leads and schedule appointments for the sales team. The ideal person is a self-starter and hungry to prove their potential. In this position you will receive inbound leads, drive outbound cold calling to generate quality leads and convert calls to in-person appointments for the sales team. You will work heavily with Salesforce.com. In addition, you will work with the sales team to develop or modify PowerPoint presentations, sales stats and other sales materials to drive additional revenue.
What you will do as a Business Development Representative for the AJC:
- Deliver 50 calls/outreaches per day
- Serve as a key member of the sales team generating sales leads and setting up appointments with appropriate representatives
- Develop email marketing campaigns and content
- Effectively use Internet and other resources to prospect for new leads
- Qualify opportunities based on prerequisite criteria
- Qualify prospects for AJC products
- Update or develop Sales presentations and supporting materials
Bachelor’s degree preferred; work experience in sales environment may be substituted
- 1-2 years experience making outbound calls to generate sales with small and medium businesses (SMB) preferred
- Strong cold calling skills strongly preferred
- Prior writing experience preferred
- Experience / knowledge of recruitment advertising a plus
- Marketing background a plus
- Diligent in maintaining customer (CRM) data. Salesforce.com / CRM experience preferred
- Strong PowerPoint experience
- Prior Lead Generation experience a plus
- Excellent prospecting techniques
- Internet savvy
- Extremely organized, multi-tasking abilities, attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong listening skills
- Professional appearance
- MS Office expertise required
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.