Product Manager, Digital Partnerships
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
As part of the Product & Strategy team you will help enhance our mobile-focused advertising product offering.You will understand its technical core and help assess it and strategize its evolution.You will work closely with product leadership to define, specify and drive the execution on NBC mobile-focused advertising projects/product developments.You will track key performance indicators and consistently test to evaluate data and drive fundamental metrics improvement.You will vet first and 3rd party technical capabilities, help roll these out and support the team.You will provide product support for in-flight campaigns.You will collaborate cross-functionally to help plan and build compelling ad features and ad solutions for our various partnerships.You will work on monitoring tools, dashboard creation, ad-hoc reporting, market research, and deep dive analysis measuring various data sets from various sources. What we’ll do:We will help you always think holistically about our product offering, and how the strategy fits into the larger ecosystem of advertising, distributed content and native platform industry.We will help you own your product area, prioritize work to maintain a high standard of quality while ensuring successful delivery.We will help you grow and learn while having fun.
NBC Universal is looking for a Product Leader to help drive technology innovation, build delightful, impactful, high-growth advertising products and strengthen the data understanding of its mobile-focused product team. The ideal candidate is a collaborative person passionate about digital media and mobile advertising innovation. It’s a candidate who cares about users, understand the value of the experience and data, the technical systems at work and the impact on the business. This position is based in our New York office.What you’ll do:
• You are detail-oriented, organized and practical, and you know how to take the seed of an idea through to launch and how to prioritize effectively to get things done.
• You have significant product experience, including product-design and product development that involve cross-functional collaboration.
• You are at ease when out-of-the box, are an orthogonal thinker and love finding creative solutions to unorthodox challenges.
• You have a “hacker” mindset: you don’t need to be an engineer but you need to understand and speak fluently the engineering language (APIs, technical systems…) and how to use it to identify problems and find solutions.
• You have a strong knowledge of the technical ins-and-outs and operational requirements of products and technical projects.
• You’re fluent with data and know how to dissect and leverage it to understand user behavior, measure product performances, identify pinch-points and inform decision making.
• You enjoy working with cross-functional teams and you’re accustomed to collaborating closely with highly skilled individuals in marketing, sales, strategy, engineering and design.
• You are a great communicator in every medium — from Slack to video conferencing to in-person gatherings.
• You pay close attention to the latest developments in the digital media space and the advertising industry from major social apps to new experiments and innovations.
• You want to learn and grow within a nimble team that believes in smart experimentation, agility, mutual respect and having fun.
• You personify humble-confidence and dependability.
• Coding basics/Tech savvy-ness
• Experience with BI tools like Looker, Micro Strategy or Tableau
• Experience with social data or media
• Deck mastery (Powerpoint/Keynote)
• Centralized knowledge base (e.g. Wiki, Sharepoint…)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.