Vice President, Events
- Full Time
The Vice President, Events is responsible for the direction, production, and management of the Great American Trucking Show (GATS) as well as eight other Randall-Reilly conferences and award programs.
The Vice President, Events will be adept at shifting from the strategic to the tactical aspects of exposition and conference management. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Audience, this role will collaborate with the senior management of Randall-Reilly’s Equipment Division, as well as with Randall-Reilly clients, vendors, and partners to drive events’ strategy. Strategic vision, insightful budget management, relationship-building skills, and strong negotiation skills will be key aspects of the job.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as Executive Producer for the planning of the show experience, related programming, and overall operations.
- Serve as exposition project manager by coordinating staff and vendors across all aspects of show planning and execution.
- Engage with Randall-Reilly managers and clients to identify new strategic initiatives that reinforce the relevance and importance of our events.
- Work daily with events team to identify and create new opportunities for exhibitors and sponsors to increase and chart their ROI.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, the host city, and business partners in concert with Randall-Reilly’s Legal Department and show management.
- Manage events budget.
- Address and resolve attendee and exhibitor/sponsor challenges.
- Explore new opportunities for trade show and conference design and growth; stay abreast of trends.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years of experience directing major conferences and events
- Track record in management and expansion of mature conferences
- Exposure to independent trade show environments preferred
- Familiarity with the technology sector
- Experience producing and analyzing ROI metrics
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Meticulous organization/project management skills, with well-honed abilities to prioritize, plan, and execute on large projects
- Self-motivated and results driven with strategic vision
- Strong written and oral communication skills, adept in successful communication with all levels
- Budget management expertise; comfortable collaborating with finance/accounting
- Ability to develop relationships through trust and gaining the buy-in of stakeholders on key initiatives
- Professionally nimble, with ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Relocation not required.