Public Relations Manager
Public Relations Manager Opportunity at Jim Kwik / Kwik Learning
This virtual position is a contract to full-time hire role
We’re looking for a confident, creative, trustworthy, and extremely organized public relations manager to handle publicity for Jim Kwik, a widely recognized world expert in speed-reading, memory improvement, brain performance and accelerated learning.
The in-house public relations manager will secure and manage high-profile publicity leading up to and following Jim’s April 2020 book launch.
The ideal candidate will be located in or near New York City, able to work on-site for at least two days per week and be flexible for occasional travel to Los Angeles.
We’re looking for someone to grow with our company and work together long-term.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media
- Set, track, analyze, and communicate PR results
- Coordinate all public relations activities and organize promotional events
- Write/create PR materials
- Work closely with other team members, including the book publisher’s PR team
- Manage all media inquiries and interview requests directly
- Analyze and report on media coverage
- Cultivate relationships with influential journalists and thought leaders
- Leverage existing influencer and media relationships
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships and sponsorships
- Help Jim prepare for interviews booked (review upcoming segments and talking points)
- Handle booking logistics for all interviews (coordinating day, time, location, etc.)
- Brief other team members on the company’s core messaging and how to communicate with the media when necessary
- Develop pitch angles, story ideas, and relevant news pegs
- Regularly pitch to national and local television, radio, news, and podcast outlets
- Secure and manage paid speaking engagements
The ideal candidate will:
- Be located in or near NYC
- Have 5+ years of experience in public relations (book launch and event planning experience is a plus!)
- Have a proven track record of designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both local and national levels
- Have impeccable written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Have an eagle eye for details
- Have a passion for personal development and learning
- Have a strong understanding of social media and internet culture
- Have a creative, results-driven mindset
- Have a confident public speaking ability
- Be able to manage inbound inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Be prepared to manage an aggressive media outreach plan
- Be a self-starter who is motivated, accountable, and does not require micromanagement
- Be trustworthy and confident to work closely with celebrities and influencers
- Have a go-getter personality
- Be highly organized and persistent in follow-through
- Be positive, kind, aware of others and emotionally intelligent
About Jim Kwik / Kwik Learning:
Jim Kwik is the world’s leading expert in brain performance. Using his signature techniques, he has taught millions of people of all ages the most effective ways to improve memory, accelerate learning and increase reading speed. Jim mastered the art of brain optimization after overcoming three traumatic brain injuries—the first of which occurred when he was just five. Now he travels the globe sharing his mental methodology in centers of learning (like the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health and Harvard University), at corporate giants (including Google and Virgin) and with celebrities like Elon Musk and Will Smith.
Videos of Jim’s brain coaching curriculum have been viewed by a quarter of a billion people on Youtube and Facebook. Through keynote speeches at prominent events like the YPO Global and the Million Dollar Roundtable, he is able to reach in-person audiences totaling more than 100,000 every year. He’s been featured in Forbes, Inc, and Success. Jim’s first book will be out in April 2020.
Starting salary: $60K-$80K depending on experience, plus bonuses.
This is a full-time, in-house position.
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please proceed to the next step. Be prepared to upload your résumé, a cover letter, and a short video (up to two minutes).