Associate Producer - Audio
- Full Time
The Associate Producer for audio, working under the direction of the Executive Editor for audio and video and with other America content team leads, contributes to the conception, planning, production, hosting, editing, distribution and evaluation of audio content across all of America’s platforms. The Associate Producer is proficient with industry-standard audio production equipment and editing software. Additionally, this position requires editorial familiarity with Catholic news, spirituality and worldview and an ability to deliver America’s style and tone across multiple platforms.
The main responsibilities of the job, include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in concept development, planning, research, writing and producing audio content (including regular news podcasts, in-depth investigative podcasts, narrative documentary podcasts, spirituality podcasts, service productions, ads, etc.) in concert with the America editorial team.
- Work directly with program hosts/talent in prep and recording, and provide on-going feedback for professional development.
- Edit audio content (Audition or ProTools) and coordinate the work of other editors/sound engineers, both on staff and freelance.
- Lead field production teams for audio content; train other staff in basic techniques.
- Work with America’s advancement and marketing teams to fundraise for specific audio productions and develop strategic marketing plans.
- Assist with planning and managing of podcast promotion via digital distribution channels, including the America website and social media platforms, in collaboration with America’s social media team.
- Monitor audience traffic and engagement for audio productions on an on-going basis; evaluate impact of productions.
- Opportunities to copy edit and write for print or online platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability to produce audio content from concept to completion in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Broad experience in audio recording, production and editing.
- Experience with podcast promotion.
- Creative approach to story framing and structure, attentive to new patterns of audio production and consumption.
- Audio recording and mixing skills an asset.
- Strong public speaking and writing skills.
- Knowledge of and interest in the Catholic Church and Jesuit spirituality.
- Commitment to the aims, objectives and standards of America.
- Excellent computer, organization and communication skills.
- Experience operating industry-standard audio tools.
- Solid audio editing skills and fluency in editing software (Adobe Audition and/or Avid ProTools).
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. Attach to your resume links to relevant audio media you have produced for review.