Advanced Convention Services - Sales Representative: Hospitality Network
- Full Time
The Advanced Convention Services (ACS) Account Manager facilitates the entire sale of all ACS products and manages assigned account relationships. This includes meeting and/or exceeding assigned sales quotas, sales prospecting, and account management. Responds and owns all requests from assigned ACS accounts in a timely and professional manner. Supports the overall objectives of the ACS team. Work location may vary.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Responsible for day-to-day account management and relationship for all assigned accounts.
• Responsible for individual sales quota and any other sales goals as assigned.
• Provides customer with a start to finish single point of contact.
• Assists with pre and post conference meetings for assigned accounts, both local and nationwide.
• Coordinates responses to customer inquiries, billing, credit adjustments, service delivery status, and invoicing.
• Receives incoming calls and emails from ACS customers (local and nationwide) and escalates issues to the appropriate department as necessary. Ensures communications are answered and executed in a timely manner.
• Travel nationally to meet with new and existing customers and attend industry events as needed.
• Resolves questions/concerns from ACS customers effectively and efficiently through the use of active listening and personalizing techniques based on the customers’ needs.
• Inputs the ACS order into ACS portal and sends the customer a customized quote and receipt for the requested order. Provides professional customer support for any questions surrounding the quoted order.
• Keeps customer informed of progress by checking the status of trouble tickets in the ACS portal.
• Maintains current knowledge of all convention pricing and service options to match the product best suited for the customer.
• Establishes effective, professional working relationships with co-workers, boundary partners, outside vendors and contractors.
• Efficiently organizes work day to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques.
• Schedule varies depending on event schedule. Must be able to work weekends and remain available to ACS Sales staff to assist with any questions and/or concerns.
• HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience preferred in related field (convention services, customer service, telecommunications, etc.)
• Requires strong knowledge of Windows based applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• Excellent organization, detail oriented, multi-tasking, analytical, interpersonal, written, verbal, and ollaborative skills to work effectively with customers and teams throughout organization
• Basic understanding of computer network topologies, which include switches, hubs, routers as well as network cabling preferred
• Experience in direct sales preferred
• Experience in the commercial telecommunications industry desired
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.