VP of Creative & Strategy
- Full Time
Leaf Group is looking for a VP Creative & Strategy to help lead the Creative Studio for the Brand Partnerships Group, working across Well+Good, Hunker, and Livestrong from our New York, NY office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a VP Creative & Strategy grows with us. This is an opportunity where you can do it all – help plot the course for our marketing and creative strategy/implementation AND roll up your sleeves to work in a profitable company that is growing rapidly and redefining the media business. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day creative ideation and execution efforts with a focus on BIG, splashy, best in class ideas and campaigns.
Leaf Group Ltd. is a diversified consumer internet company that builds enduring, creator-driven brands that reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories, including fitness and wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com and MyPlate App), and art and design (Saatchi Art, Society6 and Hunker). For more information about Leaf Group, visit www.leafgroup.com.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our business forward. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: SVP, Creative & Strategy
A typical day as a VP Creative & Strategy might include:
- Work with the SVP, Creative & Strategy to lead, manage, and implement our 2020 roadmap for the creative studio consisting of integrated + brand marketing, branded content, branded video, experiential and design teams.
- The VP, Creative & Strategy will have an impactful creative and leadership role in this department which is responsible for ideating and executing all custom partner programs across the Leaf Group portfolio.
- The ideal candidate will be able to fulfill many needs:
- Creative Strategist: smart BIG ideas creates great partnerships. This role requires an out of the box thinker that can solve client problems with a differing POV than the industry standard
- Creative Storyteller: BIG ideas make for great stories; this role needs to oversee big campaign ideation and translate into a compelling narrative for our partners
- Brainstorm Expert: great ideas can come from anywhere and this role needs to harness that. Creating and managing a safe, open, collaborative, and creative environment for all parties to bring their best ideas is paramount
- Marketing Strategist: one size doesn’t fit all; every campaign has a unique set of needs and this role needs to guide the RFP process and outcome from inception through execution
- Strategic Thinker: great creative paired with a smart strategy is everything, this role needs to constantly evaluate and introduce new offerings (and remove ones that aren’t performing) to the portfolio
- Collaborate with Sales and internal teams to manage RFP responses, proactive proposals and custom presentations that deliver innovative ideas that support our client’s objectives
- Proactively identify and deliver best-in-class cross-platform experiences and content ideas to drive growth opportunities
- Articulate strategic ideas via written proposals and presentations that effectively communicate each concept & deliverable
You'll be successful if you are an ambitious, driven, self-starter who wants to be on the leading edge of developing brands and disrupting the media landscape. Leaf Group employees are energized by their ability to work in a fast paced, highly flexible environment where their decisions can have a positive effect on the company’s bottom line.
What You Have:
- A deep experience in creative ideation and executing innovative, integrated campaigns for partners across custom content, social, experiential, etc. (experience with data is a plus!)
- Experience in having architected $1m+ sold campaigns for brand partners
- Experience in managing teams of 5+
- Built and enforced efficient processes for pre- and post-sale at scale
- A passion for storytelling and the intersection between commercial and editorial
- Are a team player who works well with others and facilitates a calm and collaborative working environment
- A high regard for process and mentors others to do the same
- Are an innovative and creative problem-solver
- A leader of people who empowers and inspires; a consensus builder; and is able to work across the business seamlessly to achieve shared goals
- An understanding/knowledge of and passion for wellness and home design is a plus
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk's 2019 Best Companies to Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.