Sr. Producer/Writer/Editor, Originals-Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.Sr. Producer/Writer/Editor, Originals, Peacock This key position will execute a high volume of promotional content for Peacock, including Original series, library content and brand campaigns. This role requires a strong conceptual thinker and writer with excellent editing and production skills. The Senior Writer/Producer/Editor will report to the Creative Director.Concept, write, produce and execute best-in-class creative launch campaigns for Peacock OriginalsProduce and edit promotional/creative video content for use on all platformsCollaborate with outside agencies and production/editorial vendors on Originals campaigns and promotional trailers, sizzles, promos and videos.Develop and execute promotional ideas around Originals marketing events and tentpoles across scripted, unscripted, news and sports contentSupervise VO recording and audio mix sessionsCollaborate with Creative Director and others to brainstorm and script ideas and concepts.Work alongside designers and production team to create and produce all contentDirect talent and Originals creative marketing shoots as neededParticipate in weekly writers room meetings/pitch sessionsPerform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Minimum 6 years of experience in writing, producing and video editing
• Strong command of: digital video file formats; working with source video/material of varying quality and technical specs (frame rate, codecs, etc); export troubleshooting
• Exhibit talent for conceptual thinking and writing skills
• Understanding of how to create and optimize promotional content for digital and social platforms
• Demonstrated ability to create promotional materials for a wide variety of partners
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Premiere; familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects
• Experience leading large-scale, 360° Originals creative campaigns in television or entertainment (drama or comedy); streaming experience preferred
• The ability to meet tight deadlines, in a fast-paced creative environment
• Strong communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
• Self-motivated, positive attitude
• Promo writing experience preferred
• Bachelors degree preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.