Account Executive, News Client Development
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Identify and develop on-going target accounts for incremental and new business revenueAchieve budgeted goals. Provide accurate revenue projections, budget information, and current action reports to sales management.Scheduling, preparation and execution of sales calls on multiple levelsSenior level client callsCreative, Account and Planning level agency callsMaintain ongoing verbal communication/relationships with clients, management, sales team, split partners and other NBCU stakeholders.Training and professional development of sales support teamEstablish network of industry contacts via marketplace events, association memberships, outings, etc.
The individual will work closely with internal stakeholders and business units to formulate, sell and develop deep client partnerships on behalf of the NBCUniversal News Ad Sales Group. The role requires an individual who can add value to the relationship building process to extend NBCUniversal News’ Ad Sales client base into new areas and categories.
• Four year degree (B.A., B.S.) from an accredited college or university
• Minimum 5 years related media sales experience selling to clients and agencies
• Proven track record of creating exciting new growth in ad sales across platforms
• Demonstrated ability to seize a business opportunity and implement it successfully
• A deep understanding of the marketplace that allows him/her to know which tactics and strategies will make a positive impact on the News Group
• Demonstrates ability as a successful leader who can influence, persuade and motivate others
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to travel.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Strategic thinking ability combined with tactical implementation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong knowledge of the media business
• Demonstrated success working on developing business initiatives or emerging departments
• Strategic Thinking
• Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
• Proven experience in prospecting new clients and new business development
• Excellent interpersonal and client relation skills
• Ability to work effectively with others in the Sales team and all levels of Sales employees
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Detail oriented and trust-worthy with confidential/sensitive information
• TV/Digital/Print/Event/Content sales preferred but not required
• Demonstrated leadership skills including clear communication and an ability to work across divisions and departments in a matrix environment
• Established client/agency/marketplace relationships
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
The NBCUniversal News Group is a broad portfolio of on-air and digital properties that rank among the best in the industry, thanks to its team of talented and experienced professionals from across the world. From on-air news anchors, to producers, stage managers, editors, and technicians, to finance experts, PR professionals and marketers, our people are diverse not just in their ethnicities, but in their backgrounds and perspectives. With operations across the globe, the NBCUniversal News Group team keeps its audiences and users updated on-air and online from NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, on social media and mobile devices, on NBC News and CNBC Radio and on its various owned and affiliate stations across America. NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.