ResponsibilitiesActively manage a team of managers, insiders, reporters, producer/editors and content miners who drive "digital-first" content creation specific to our various web and mobile platforms.Clearly communicate vision for our digital content, develop strategy and teach tactics in the department and throughout the organization.Meet and/or exceed established multiplatform growth goals, including live-game streaming, fan engagement and content consumption metrics.Partner with the VP of Content, Director of Social Engagement and Senior Editor to develop and manage the editorial voice and tone of all elements published on our website, mobile and social platforms.Work with VP of Content to create unique, entertaining content that performs on multiple platforms and engages viewers/fans throughout the day.Partner with the VP of Sales and the Director of Cross-Platform Sales to deliver content that builds on existing advertising business, attracts new clients, and meets and/or exceeds KPIs.Partner with the Director of Social Engagement to manage live interactive programming for our web/mobile and social platforms.Oversee podcast development, distribution and promotion.Manage the multiplatform department budget, including staff expenses and allocated corporate costs.Use data analytics and audience research to maximize customer acquisition and response to our web and mobile app content. Work with NBC Sports Group’s Command Center to develop appropriate KPIs, and capitalize on national and regional content consumption trends.Liaison with in-house departments (Game Production, Studio Production, Social Media, Ad Sales, Programming, Marketing and Operations) to ensure all goals and initiatives are fulfilled, including advertising campaigns.Work with headquarters on initiatives including TVE Streaming, Direct-to-Consumer Offerings, App Development and Website/Mobile web design and national third-party partnerships.Attend necessary multiplatform-related NBC Sports Corporate meetings and conference calls, and report new initiatives and updates to VP of Content and team.Partner with Network strategy team to manage all online/mobile traffic and analytical requests and implement content strategy initiatives across multiple platforms.Partner with leadership to manage multiplatform relationships with team partners including the Giants, A’s, Warriors, Sharks, Kings, Earthquakes, 49ers and Raiders.Basic Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of multiplatform newsroom experience.
- Minimum 3 years managing multiplatform content teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience/mastery of digital publishing tactics such as SEO, social media promotion and writing voice/tone
- Experience with modern media analytic tools required
- Former experience working within sports or professional leagues, teams, and athletes required
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in San Francisco, CA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Candidate will have created and/or led a team of digital platform(s) content creators, preferably within a digital-first environment, and achieved significant growth metrics for content distribution across digital and social platforms
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- A team player who can both lead and roll up their sleeves in a manner that helps foster a fun work environment
- Demonstrated ability to teach and edit all writing styles, including quick-twitch blogs, original reporting and compelling long-form features
- Demonstrated understanding of how digital and linear teams can and should work together to produce premium multiplatform content
- Knowledge of Bay Area/Sacramento franchises and athletes a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.