WeAreTeachers is seeking a creative and experienced visual storyteller to join our dynamic web team with a proven track record of creating compelling, addictive digital video. The ideal candidate will have a passion for K-12 education and be equally comfortable producing exciting learning videos for students and compelling videos for social media. You must be able to concept ideas, meet with clients to explain yout vision, and storyboard as well as shoot and edit.
Along with the editorial and creative directors, the Video Editor/Producer will plan the video content calendar, coordinate video shoots, and conceptualize new, creative videos for our WeAreTeachers brand and our clients. We work with a wide variety of Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to produce education content. You will help create the overall look, feel, and design of the video content that we publish on our website and social media channels.
This is a contract position with the intention of transitioning to a full-time hire within 3 months to one year.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, well-organized, proactive, with exceptional communication skills. We have a quick pace and heavy deadlines, but there are great rewards too like working from your home office, collaborating with an inspiring team across three time zones and above all, knowing that you are making a difference for educators and kids.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong video editing skills with a keen eye for design and storytelling
- Minimum 5 years of experience in video editing, production, and producing
- Knowledge of digital video platforms and overall best practices for creating videos
- An ability to communicate (and help define) our brand voice and mission through video
- Extremely creative, organized and dedicated to creating best-in-class videos
- Able to work independently and also exchange feedback with a close-knit team
- Animated and motion graphics experience
Interested? Send us your resume and cover letter with all of the following:
- Links to online portfolio or sizzle reel
- Details about your editing experience
-Details about any additional qualifications you have
-Your passion for working with the K-12 audience
-Three video ideas you think would be a good fit for the WeAreTeachers audience.
(You can look at our Videos tab on Facebook if you want to get a feel for our work.)