Inside Regional Sales Manager
- Full Time
**This position must sit in the Kansas City, MO area
Are you a self-starter, a go-getter, and a deal maker? At Xtime, a Cox Automotive Retail Solutions brand, you will find a culture that rewards such entrepreneurial spirit. We empower our team members to make their own decisions for growing our business. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
Xtime’s Spectrum is the automotive industry’s leading fixed operations and service experience solution. The Inside Regional Sales Manager (IRSM) will partner with Regional Sales Managers (RSM) to generate revenue within the RSM’s assigned territories by offering various product solutions to customers that enhance their fixed operations functions, thus increasing their revenue. The IRSM will work closely with automotive dealers to provide sound advice as to how they can improve their business by utilizing Xtime products and services.
A successful IRSM determines customers’ needs via consultation then reviews and analyzes options of what is best suited for the customer. Once the optimum product or product package has been determined, the Inside Sales Manager will advise and educate the customer, presenting the best solution and negotiate pricing. The IRSM is responsible for directly closing sales opportunities for new and upgrade business for Xtime products and services while also assisting Regional Sales Managers in similar efforts.
- Learn and use the Challenger based selling approach to manage and successfully close complex sales opportunities.
- Use insight and consultative selling techniques to provide feedback to clients on industry trends, strategies and challenges.
- Partner with client stakeholders to build consensus for Xtime products within their organization.
- Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
- Manage relationships through entire sales process for each prospect by fact finding, follow up, identifying customers’ needs, presenting and demonstrating the software solutions, overcoming objections
- Personally develop and qualify new leads and opportunities in assigned territories.
- Deliver impactful sales presentations remotely, via web meetings and conference calls.
- Assist Regional Sales Managers in completing simple and complex proposals to dealers
- Act as advisor to customers to build market share, increase revenue, and retain business
- Help Regional Sales Managers maintain accurate CRM system data
- Interact with decision makers such as fixed operation directors, general managers and owners, cultivating a lasting business relationship with these contacts
- Ensure weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals are met or exceeded
- Work on new business development, maintaining customer relationships and troubleshooting specific customer problems to drive new and upgrade sales.
- Prepare sales plans and corresponding product packages for customer
- Provide accurate forecasting and develop weekly and monthly sales plans to manage the sales funnel.
- BA degree or combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of related experience
- Dealership fixed operations experience or software sales and a strong plus
- Previous use of Xtime products a strong plus
- Deep understanding of automotive business, especially dealerships
- Willingness to learn or demonstrated knowledge of Challenger sales skills
- Ability to tailor communication to the client’s needs
- Ability to systematically solve problems and hypothesize possible client pain points, expectations, and needs
- Outstanding communication and consultation skills, both verbal and written, with strong telephone and presentation skills
- Must be comfortable navigating various computer systems with ease
- Experience effectively building relationships as well as doing needs assessment and qualifying and closing business over the telephone
- Ability to use and interpret research and data for the purpose of helping customers find opportunities for improvement
- Excellent database management and customer service skills, strong organizational, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Self-motivated and disciplined with an energetic, engaging personality
- Travel approximately 5-10%
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.