Project Manager, Executive Communications
- Full Time
At Cox, we believe authentic, transparent communications to our employees and customers is mission critical and we’re looking for someone who enjoys research, writing, editing and creative thinking to join our communications team.
As Project Manager, Executive Communications, you’ll contribute to projects which support our executive leadership team and range from the deeply analytical to the tactical. You’ll need be an extremely nimble writer and editor, a detail-oriented researcher and a solid project manager. On a given day, you may craft a briefing document for our CEO, compose talking points for an EVP or build an intricate dashboard to measure a project’s success and impact.
The next day, you may send out calendar invites for a leadership meeting, help staff an employee event or support our executives on social media. Almost every day, you’ll spend some time tracking down information – on the phone, online and around our businesses – to keep our communications platforms ticking. All these tasks are important, so we are looking for a resourceful, hands-on, team-oriented person to help us along the way.
There’s no question that executive communications can be high-profile – and we certainly expect you to have a great presence and polish. It’s also hard work – so you’ll also have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in where the team needs you. It’s not always glamorous, but it’s always high value.
If you’re eager to learn and ready to do whatever it takes to drive the team’s success – often working behind the scenes for projects that are front and center – then this role at Cox may be a great fit for you. Responsibilities:
- Employees are the heartbeat of our company, and we need you to help us connect with them in meaningful ways. These may include:
- Developing executive briefings and talking points that prepare our leaders for a range of events – from high-profile engagements to every day volunteer activities
- Writing and editing leadership messages, letters, quotes, social media posts, etc. that convey a clear message – and resonate in unexpected and meaningful ways
- Collaborating on content that portray a sense of the Cox spirit and culture (videos, newsletter articles, social media campaigns)
- Researching leadership narratives and impactful facts, figures and insights that help tell the story behind our business and connect to market trends and world affairs
- Manage communication across various stakeholders and business units – advising, supporting and executing on programs and strategies.
- Occasionally staff executives and internal and external events.
- As a writer, you’ll need to transition seamlessly between writing for the c-suite, employee campaigns, media, Cox’s social media platforms or other channels.
- Bring a strong understanding of measurement. You must be able to assign and track necessary KPIs to your work and be comfortable reporting back to leadership on a regular cadence. Administer and leverage tools as needed to meet measurement needs.
- Partner with our Creative Studio team to ensure visual content like videos and graphics are fun, engaging and innovative. Collaborate with communicators across Cox’s business divisions.
- Help manage third-party vendors and associated budgets to ensure we use their services strategically and cost effectively.
- Work at a fast pace and on tight deadlines. Some days, you may have a “drop everything” moment where you need to shift priorities to support unexpected needs.
- Don’t be afraid to color outside the lines. We’re open to testing out new ideas, and we want your input to improve our work and impact.
- To be successful, you’ll need to approach your work with a sense of resourcefulness, humility and discipline – as well as curiosity and creativity.
- 5-7+ years of experience in journalism (preferably newspaper or magazine), writing and editing, and/or government/public policy
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field
- Highly organized and detail-oriented – strong project management skills required
- Comfortable working closely with executives of all levels
- A team player
- Able to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high-quality deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal skills required (samples requested)
- Competency in MS Office (especially PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
Visit us at coxenterprises.com or follow us at @CoxEnterprises on Twitter and Instagram. #LifeAtCox
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); and Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit www.CoxCSRReport.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.