Public Relations Account Supervisor / Director
- Full Time
R\West is looking for a dynamic individual to join our New York City office and work on an exciting mix of fashion/lifestyle and food/beverage accounts. Our ideal Account Supervisor or Account Director has a minimum of seven years’ PR agency experience and a bachelor's degree in communications, public relations or a liberal arts degree. Background and strong contacts in fashion/lifestyle, wine/spirits, and CPG PR is desired. Title will be dependent on relevant experience.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative team environment, who is also a self-starter and can work independently. If you're a pro at account management, interacting with the media, executing strategic partnerships, and acting as a client liaison, this job is for you.
With our home base in Portland, Oregon, our New York City office has a West Coast heart. Coast to coast, our team believes in fostering a creative spirit, a sense of community, and a passion for getting the job done.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Developing and executing fresh integrated PR campaigns in the fashion, food and beverage worlds; from product launches, brand collaborations, executive thought leadership, etc.
- Communication with clients to help identify internal goals and execute communication strategies to accomplish them in a creative and effective manner
- Identifying and capitalizing on editorial opportunities – we’re looking for a news junkie hungry for the next piece of coverage
- Establishing and delivering analytical reports based on mutually agreed upon metrics, proving our agency’s worth to executive leadership
- Leading client calls with ease, confidence, and positivity
- Coaching junior team members through projects and deliverables, sharing constructive feedback
- Completing projects on time and within budget
- Collaborating with other departments – essential at our integrated agency
- This role will lead accounts (e.g. client communication, contribute to strategic planning, mentor junior team members), as well as accomplish day-to-day tasks (e.g., writing, pitching, reporting, etc.)
Ideal candidates should possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (both creative and AP style)
- A willingness to help at all levels of tasks with a can-do attitude
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Solid media relations experience with a history of delivering results
Please send your resume and cover letter to PRjobs@rwest.com. Salary commensurate with experience.