Public Relations Account Executive
- Full Time
R/West is looking for a public relations account executive whose passions and experience are firmly rooted in tech and finance. The ideal candidate will thrive in a team environment, but is also a self-starter and can work on projects independently.
With our home base in Portland, Oregon, our New York City office has a West Coast heart. Coast to coast, our team believes in fostering a creative spirit, a sense of community, and a passion for getting the job done.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Support the development and execution of public relations and influencer campaigns in the tech, finance and B2B that revolve around executive thought leadership, product reviews and corporate storytelling
- Communicate with clients to help identify internal goals and the communication strategies to accomplish them in a creative and effective manner.
- Assist in establishing and delivering analytic reports based on mutually agreed upon metrics, aligning our agency’s deliverables to specified business goals and executive leadership on a regular basis.
- Participate in client calls and meetings with ease, confidence and positivity.
- Identify and capitalize on editorial opportunities – we’re looking for a curious news junky that is hungry for the next piece of coverage.
- Assist in coaching account coordinators through projects and deliverables, sharing positive and constructive feedback.
- Complete projects on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with other departments – essential at our integrated agency.
- Coordinate activity across multiple public relations and strategic partners on behalf of clients.
- At least two years of tech/finance/B2B public relations experience – agency or in-house and a Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications or another relevant liberal arts degree.
- Excel at verbal and written communications (both creative and AP style) with experience ghost writing bylines, whitepapers and industry-specific materials.
- Have media relations and/or editorial experience, as well as a history of delivering results.
- Willing to help at all levels of tasks and bring a can-do attitude to the position. This candidate will play a role in leading the account, as well as accomplish the day-to-day tasks (writing, researching, pitching, reporting, etc.)
- Possess a strong attention to detail and ability to multitask, balancing competing priorities across a dynamic team environment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to PRjobs@rwest.com. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits: 401K, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Profit Sharing