Sr. Manager, Data Acquisition & Analysis
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
We are in the business of leveraging vast amounts of consumer and viewership data sources to change how traditional (linear) TV, OTT and Digital advertising is packaged, sold, planned, delivered, optimized and measured for clients. If you are looking to join a small, agile team of disruptors looking to shape the convergence of traditional TV, OTT and Digital advertising, look no further! NBCUniversal is looking for passionate, results-oriented and motivated self-starters to support innovation in Ad Smart. Ad Smart is the collection of all of NBCU’s data-driven, cross-portfolio and cross-channel advertising products.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
Be part of a high performance team of advertising data strategists to analyze and assist in data strategy for NBCU advanced advertising.Assist Sr. Director in exploration, analysis and acquisition of new data sources that will enable revenue and allow additional ad sales opportunities, products, targeting and attribution.Work with external vendors to ensure data is available & updated in NBCU’s Ad Smart Data platform for exploration and analytics. Collaborate with IT team to ensure new data sources are ingested into the NBCU advanced advertising DMP, Ad Smart AWS platform and will begin to enable and enhance monetization of NBCU advertising assets.Create and manage data relationships with internal and external partners ensuring accuracy of data feeds.Assist in target identification for Optimized Linear TV, Addressable, OTT and Digital campaigns.Keep abreast of the rapidly-evolving technologies and trends in the TV, OTT and Digital realms and build a thorough understanding of the media and advertising ecosystem and its key players.
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in a quantitative field of study
• 6+ years of professional experience in media, research, advertising, technology or financial services
• TV, OTT and/or digital campaign management experience, addressable advertising a big plus.
• Familiarity with traditional TV measurement (Nielsen), digital media math.
• Ability to take ownership of open-ended problems and drive them to completion
• Customer service orientation (internal and external customers)
• Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit; intellectually curious
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills - collaborative spirit is key!
• Self-starter with the capacity to deliver on multiple campaigns, contribute new ideas, meet tight deadlines, and be decisive under pressure
• Strong analytical skills, ability to convey the story arc of a campaign to business and product teams
• Strong technical skills including familiarity with Zeppelin Notebook, SAS, SQL, AWS and Teradata databases.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Familiarity with advertising operations and how ads are delivered and measured cross-channel
• Solid understanding of the advertising landscape in terms of how data is leveraged and linked within and across platforms for both targeting and measurement purposes
• Solid understanding of data, data providers, TV, OTT and Digital data
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.