Director, Strategic Planning - Peacock
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The NBCUniversal Ad Sales Planning and Monetization team is seeking a Director, Direct-to-Consumer Planning in support of the launch of NBCU’s upcoming Direct-to-Consumer Service, Peacock. This new role will be responsible for working across Planning, Sales and Strategy to develop process and reporting in advance of the product launch, as well as helping to staff a future, dedicated DTC planning team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Focus on process and business needs in advance of product launch. Work across Planning, Sales, Strategy, Ad Ops, Network Partnerships to help develop and evolve sales packaging strategy and process Join VP Planning in all Peacock Steering Committee and business decision meetingsAs business scales, hire and directly manage a group of Planners, assist them with plan building, rate approvals, campaign execution and continuously manage client KPIsAnalyze areas within the sales/planning workflow that can be improved, create process enhancements that eliminate any bottlenecks or barriers to entry, and find ways to balance workload across the entire groupPartner with Ad Ops to improve the delivery of ad campaigns; assess risk and come up with creative solutions to ensure that all ad campaigns deliver in full. Collaborate with internal constituents to stay up to date and learn current ad systems in order to keep all Sales Planners informed Work closely with Planning management to tactically drive company-wide goals and initiativesHandle any and all ad hoc requests that may surface in a timely, efficient manner
• 4+ years of experience in digital and television advertising sales planning with experience in the Direct-to-Consumer and/or streaming space strongly preferred
• Strong understanding of the DTC/streaming ecosystem and marketplace
• Proven ability to self-motivate, work independently and collaboratively; exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical/strategic thinker and creative problem-solver; resourceful, able to initiate change and motivate innovation and creativity
• Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to work flexibly across departments as well as manage internal and external partners in a dynamic environment
• Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Strong ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.