Sr. Manager, Immersive Learning Programs
- Full Time
Senior Manager, Immersive Learning Programs
Team: Station Strategy and Development
The Station Strategy and Development team helps PBS member stations continually develop and adapt to the changing ecosystems in public media through a variety of collaborations and educational programs. Specifically, the team strives to improve PBS member station success by providing station staff with consistent access to professional development resources that ensure competitive skillset growth.
The Senior Manager, Immersive Learning Programs, manages the development, coordination, and planning of PBS’s station-focused immersive education and engagement initiatives. Key functions of the position include establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to launch a cohesive system-wide education and engagement training program for station staff below the General Manager level.
This position partners with key internal stakeholders to optimize value of station-focused professional development programs, establishes assessment models to determine program effectiveness, and assists in overall conference strategy.
In addition to being organized and detailed-oriented, the ideal candidate for this role possesses a background in project management, is versed in digital technologies and education theory, has excellent writing skills, and has a strong customer service orientation. Background in media and/or education a plus.
Essential duties will include, but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a station capacity building strategic plan to expand educational initiatives, including obtaining support from various departments and stakeholders, and communicating said plan across the organization.
- Establish and oversee the System Education and Engagement committee to track current and new PBS education and engagement opportunities, including organizing meetings, managing communications, and discussing future opportunities for growth.
- Manage current grant-based educational training programs, including supervising staff and oversee grant reporting. Identify additional revenue opportunities related to professional development.
- Conduct ongoing consultations with PBS departments to evaluate and iterate current educational programs for station staff, including assisting with the development, coordination, and facilitation of said programs
- Create assessment and training models that can be applied across the public media system and continually evaluate impact of said models to ensure effectiveness on educational growth for station personnel
- Represent PBS in partnerships with external organizations developing training and educational programs.
- Continually assess current educational/engagement opportunities to evaluate correlational relationships for position retention, professional growth, station success, and more
- Provide regular project updates to PBS staff.
- Play a leading role in project coordination and effective communication to PBS member stations.
- Provide support to members of the Station Services team.
- Advocate for all stations, ensuring that their capacity needs are communicated throughout PBS
- Represent PBS Station Services at system meetings and conferences as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, new media, education, or equivalent field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- 6 - 8 years of experiencing working in media, education, and/or non-profits
- Proven experience as program coordinator or relevant position
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Knowledge of PBS and public television preferred
- Ability to interact with all levels of multi-faceted, fast paced corporation
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills essential
- Experience in development of educational curriculum helpful
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a command of grammar
- Excellent phone manner / customer service skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Resourceful, self-directed, and flexible team player
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities