Media Asset Specialist-Sports (Fixed Term)
- Full Time
Support the internal HBO Sports production team as media manager, assistant editor and equipment manager – primarily assisting with the ingestion and Meta-Data management of Sports content, and monitoring usage of department-owned production equipment.
This position will collaborate with all HBO Sports programs assuring/developing optimal efficiency, workflow and accurate/detailed storage of original content and media that is captured on location for various HBO Sports shows, as well as preparing footage for the post-production space. New hire will also take a lead role in managing the usage of large amounts of production equipment, including cameras, lights and various accessories.
New hire may on occasion go into the field to manage media and provide general production support, as well as coordinate with other HBO Departments in sharing and distributing of related Sports content as needed.
- Service and support producers and editors by turning around footage captured in the field or received from vendors for use in a fast-paced playback/ingest and asset management environment.
- Prepare edits by syncing multiple cameras, laying out sequences and scripts, and pulling selects
- Function as a liaison between production staff, writer/producers and studio concerning all incoming field productions and media. Assist with and contribute to pre-production meetings to discuss and advise on camera usage, file capture, file transfer and file storage to ensure the post-production process runs smoothly.
- Hands on management of all incoming media from the field and coordinating its ingestion and meta-data process through HSP Studios to various HBO production groups and systems – both inside HBO Sports and other areas of HBO as needed.
- Hands on management of Sports owned equipment going into and coming back from the field while utilizing in-house software to monitor its usage and whereabouts.
- The Essentials
- College Degree BA/BS with relevant degree in Communications / TV / Film, or equivalent work experience
- At least 1-3 years of work experience in Post-Production / Field Production and/or Studio environments, with demonstrable, hands-on experience working with a Digital Asset System.
- In-depth knowledge and file management experience with Avid Media Composer, Avid Assist, Avid ISIS and Avid Interplay - content gathering, archival, retrieval and asset management within a server-based environment and centralized workflows.
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience of file-based multi-speed camera production, file transcoding and delivery systems required with emphasis on file-based asset management and distribution.
- Strong working knowledge of production equipment, including cameras, audio, lighting and various other gear.
- Must be able to work late nights, weekends, on location and on special projects as necessary.