Director of Advertising Sales
- Full Time
General Description: Newsmax is looking for a Director of Ad Sales with an established record of sales leadership and revenue generation. Team up with our CRO to take our advertising sales efforts to the next level across our email, web, native, print, and television advertising offerings.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with CRO to create and implement standards for all aspects of the sales cycle - Prospecting, presentation, negotiating, closing, account management and renewals
- Build a business strategy to generate revenue and grow new business
- Work with internal groups such as business development, creative, editorial and operations to implement smooth processes.
- Network to build new client relationships via email, social networking, industry events, and telephone.
- Continuously hire, train, manage, and mentor advertising sales group to meet monthly goals.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and sets monthly performance goals accordingly.
- Drive sales efforts by expanding client base, developing categories and creating packaging opportunities
- Review market to determine customer needs, price schedules and appropriate rates.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
- Work across all departments to execution of advertising contracts and future planning
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with delivering presentations to new clients to close deals, and maintaining relationships with legacy accounts.
- Inventory, inventory, inventory. Analyze and review all ad units to maintain rate integrity and increase revenue.
- Prepares sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion to CRO on a daily/weekly basis.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing, or equivalent experience in digital advertising.
- 7 – 10 years of sales experience in advertising sales preferred
- 5 years in a management position leading a large (15 – 20) staff of employees
- Knowledge and familiarity with similar products.
- Previous Management experience in Sales/ Business Development/Advertising
- Exceptional writing style, organizational skills and presentation ability
- Ability to prioritize and plans work activities; excellent time management skills.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; accountable.
- Ability to follow instructions; responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Display original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.