Social Media Manager
- Full Time
Broadway.com, a John Gore Organization company, is looking for a Social Media Manager to develop and oversee social media content and engagement initiatives and contribute to overall social media strategy for all Broadway.com content. The candidate will produce and promote content for all of our social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as well as new and emerging platforms. We are looking for a team player with a positive attitude who is comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Passion and knowledge of Broadway theater is required.
• Proactively lead social media content planning initiatives
• Plan, monitor, strengthen, and maintain presences on Broadway.com’s key social media channels
• Write and schedule organic social media posts across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with an eye for new platforms
• Collaborate with the Broadway.com Editorial team to identify and capitalize on new opportunities for social media use
• Work with internal teams on providing recommendations for paid social amplification of content
• An expert understanding of social media platforms
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Digital or social media marketing and/or communications experience
• Working knowledge and understanding of social media suite suppliers
• Ability to remain creative, diplomatic, calm under pressure
• Ability to work collaboratively and to foster communication and collaboration internally and externally
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Ability to take initiative and act proactively
• Display a sense of humor that shines through in your work
• A strong sense of urgency when working with editorial teams
• Experience communicating with talent in order capture social content
• Knowledge of photo & video editing software
• Ability to work independently and copy edit your own work
• Ability to cover live events both in person and remotely
We offer competitive compensation including vacation and holiday pay, health & welfare benefits, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Salary requirements must be included for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The John Gore Organization is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected classification under local, state or federal laws.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The John Gore Organization recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. The John Gore Organization may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.