Product Owner - Data Services
- Full Time
The Product Delivery Manager is the Product Management leader on one or more Data Services scrum teams. Their goal is to deliver dashboard and reporting solutions to corporate and auction management to help them make data-based decisions to drive efficiencies on the auction lots. The Product Delivery Manager will work with Business Stakeholders and Product Leadership to determine how to leverage large volumes of operational data that can shed light on areas of improvement and efficiency.
Product Delivery Managers are responsible for leading scrum teams in the breakdown of features into user stories. Our expectation is that all team members contribute to user stories, but the Product Delivery Manager is key in ensuring team alignment and completeness to the vision.
Product Delivery Managers work with other Product Managers and a cross-functional scrum team, to build, enhance and manage a set of products and platforms using Agile software methodologies. They will own and groom the backlog for the scrum teams with high-level input from Product Leads for their Release Train. Teams will consist of developers, analytics resources, technical leads, designers and scrum masters.
As products and solutions near launch they will support our Release Train core team, Product Readiness Team and associated Product Managers to develop go-to-market plans. They may help in demos and support training material creation as a subject matter expert.
Product Delivery Managers are expected to contribute back to the rest of the organization ideas and opportunities that become part of the overall release train roadmap. Understanding of shoppers, clients and their system areas and capabilities is essential to the role.
This role requires a high-level technical understanding of financial applications and excellent communication and collaboration skills. The successful candidate must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in a dynamic, fast-paced software development environment. They must be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and make appropriate product decisions quickly.
- Partner with other Product Leads and Business Stakeholders to understand and influence product strategy while generating innovative ideas for achieving product success
- Work with scrum teams to determine alternative development strategies, solutions, and release dates
- Translate business requirements into features and user stories, collaborate with cross functional team to craft solutions/documentation and represent customer needs in product delivery
- Monitor products and platforms to evaluate consumer and client satisfaction, return-on-investment (ROI), and satisfaction of original objectives
- Partner with Product Managers and Business Stakeholders to create business roadmaps that increase delivered value and efficiency over time
- Partners with Release Train Core Team to develop release plans that support go-to-market strategies
- Communicate progress toward milestones as software is released
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in application features, capabilities and business rules
- Make rapid tactical decisions where needed to maintain team momentum and focus on value delivery
- Prioritize Scrum Team backlog with guidance from Product Leads and to ensure alignment with product strategy and roadmap
- Work closely with the Scrum Master to optimize velocity for the team
- Work with Scrum Master to prioritize and schedule production defects for resolution
- Participate in the daily stand ups, sprint planning meetings, retrospectives, and release train planning meetings
- Ability to understand complex operational processes and identify ways to break them down into contextually meaningful data visualizations and reports.
- Recognize common needs among user groups and develop best practices to ensure consistency and ease-of-use across dashboards
- Gain an understanding of the data sets and architecture to streamline your interactions with the data analysts and architects
- Ability to break the product down into launchable increments based on data availability and dependencies
- Excellent communication skills & presentation skills; verbal and written with the ability to communicate across business and technology
- Demonstrable experience in strategic planning with business partners
- Solid experience working on user experience/customer experience projects
- Digital Product set experience
- Experience leading scrum teams in Agile methodologies
- 5+ years product management experience
- Demonstrated experience delivering software to market
- Self-directed problem solver with a demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize
- Excellent people and teamwork skills
- Ability to work directly with customers to understand how they use the provided applications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
What We Look For (preferred):
- 5+ years experience in data analysis, business intelligence, product analysis, data science or similar
- 5+ years experience in Agile Product Development
- Passion for metrics and data driven decision making
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.