UX Designer II
- Full Time
The User Experience Designer works collaboratively with UX, Product Management, and Technology delivery teams to design the next generation of desktop and mobile applications across web, iOS, and Android platforms. This individual draws from a deep understanding of design systems, standards and best practices to innovate and create amazing user experiences for our software solutions. The Designer must think strategically, collaborate across disciplines, be self-driven, and execute with an eye for detail.
The ideal candidate enjoys working with other team members to solve complex user/business problems and can easily adapt and grow within a fast-paced and innovative environment. They must have a passion for design, an outstanding set of user experience design skills, and a desire to execute with excellence.
- Design beautiful, simple, elegant, and intuitive applications
- Create design deliverables such as wireframes, mockups, specifications, process flows, mood boards, user personas, icons, finished artwork, and prototypes
- Participate in regular design reviews and be ready to clearly rationalize and justify design work
- Create innovative design concepts based on a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives; willingness to try new approaches and iterate
- Develop design resources such as templates, Sketch symbols, icon libraries, reusable app components, style guides, design standards, and brand standards
- Work in an Agile environment, providing design communication and assets for the team
- Keep abreast of the latest UX design and technology trends
- Develop user research and usability tests and incorporate the findings into your design decisions
- Estimate effort, plan schedules and manage time effectively
- Obtain buy-in and support implementation by working day-to-day with developers, product managers, and team leads
- Understand technical, business, and time limitations, and design within these constraints
Qualifications:WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (HCI, Graphic Design, Industrial Design)4+ years of design experience
- Proven expertise in Sketch and InVision or other design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Axure, and OmniGraffle
- Deep understanding of and experience with the full UX design process including information architecture, user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups
- Understanding and knowledge of mobile human interface guidelines (Apple’s HIG and Google’s Material Design), current possibilities and limitations of hardware and operating systems, and basic design requirements of a complete mobile app (icon and artwork sizes, necessary screenshots, splash screens, screen resolutions, retina graphics, etc.)
- Solid understanding of graphic design principles and best practices
- Flexibility and openness to feedback from cross-functional team members
- Strong prioritization, planning and time management skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects or tasks effectively without close supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Confidence and knowledge to design uniquely complex or large scale UX projects Portfolio of UX design work
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.