Manager, Customer Retention
- Full Time
The Manager of Retention Marketing is part of the Marketing Strategy team and is responsible for developing and testing strategies to decrease churn and increase customer average revenue. Primary responsibilities of this position will be developing and executing retention programs including campaign roll off, contracts, Easy Pay, paperless billing and trigger programs, as well as other churn reduction activities and retention programs as assigned. Building retention capabilities cox.com and transitioning existing and future programs to a digital/mobile first approach will also be high priority. This person will partner closely with the overall residential retention marketing team, pricing, channels, marketing insights, and business operations.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
1. Develops and runs enterprise wide-campaign roll off and contract strategy programs in collaboration with supervisor to help lower churn and maintain or increase revenue. Runs programs for other churn stabilizers including Easy Pay, pending disconnects, trigger programs, etc.
2. Transitioning existing and future retention programs to a digital/mobile first approach. Working with the e-commerce team to build and expand retention capabilities on cox.com
3. Understand campaign roll off and Service Agreement churn and revenue impacts; and makes changes to programs accordingly.
4. Runs retention program development and cross-functional launch plans – including Service Agreement Renewal, CRO programs, pending disconnect, Easy Pay, paperless, trigger programs, etc.
5. Partners closely operationally with sales, retention call center, retail, care, pricing, business operations, analytics, etc.
6. Partners closely with operations and collections on launching e-signature and ETF collection strategies.
7. Partners to develop marketing operations to develop test/learn plans and ensures regular readouts and changes in programs based on learnings
8. Ensures program and strategy KPIs are within range – including contract attachments, detachments, and penetration; CRO volume, churn, and ARPC; Easy Pay and paperless penetrations, etc.
9. Responsible for ensuring analysis of programs and program changes/improvements.
10. Communicates program launches and KPIs simply and comprehensively to a diverse audience.
11. Ensures customers and company benefits of retention strategies and programs are measured and shared for churn/revenue benefits.
12. Partners with other marketing, sales, finance, and care organization to ensure alignment
13. Partners with rest of customer team to ensure program touch points across the customers lifecycle are optimized
14. Works with agencies of record, creative teams, and execution teams toward in the design, development, production, distribution and fulfillment of marketing materials and campaigns.
15. Partners with business operations to develop business cases.
16. Supports the ongoing development of retention offers for use with churn mitigation programs, as needed.
17. Manages project budgets to plan and to ensure cost effectiveness.
18. Other responsibilities as determined necessary.
Qualifications:Skills and Qualifications:
• 7 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Communications, etc.)
• 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• Requires strong knowledge of applications such Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and SharePoint
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal, leadership, analytical, decision making, initiative, process orientation, organization, multi-tasking, and collaborative skills to to work effectively with cross-functional teams
• Strong financial acumen and understanding of operations
• Experience with developing and executing 360 degree marketing campaigns
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (Marketing, Communications, Business)
• 2 or more years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.