UX Researcher II
- Full Time
The UX Researcher II will employ usability tools and research methods to provide actionable insights that drive future design improvements. The qualified applicant will work to improve the usability, effectiveness, and desirability of web sites and applications in collaboration with User Interface Developers, Designers, Product Managers, UX Architects and Product Owners. Responsibilities include developing usability test plans and scripts, conducting tests, data analysis and reporting/summarizing results. While this position does not require design or programming capabilities, any background knowledge in these areas is appreciated.
- Collect testing needs from internal clients - transform needs prioritized by business goals into testable questions. Proactively identify new opportunities that will offer actionable learning
- Identify proper research method based on product and question
- Map out proposed research track - design experiments, write interview guides, construct testing protocols, eye tracking exercises, etc.
- Get buy-in from stakeholders / clients
- Recruit / schedule research participants
- Coordinating research space with other members of lab
- Creatively access populations for valid sampling procedures
- Act as personable point-of-contact for potential participants
- Screen for necessary / desirable participant attributes
- Run experiments and collect data
- Plan, moderate and administer interviews
- Conduct remote and in-person usability testing sessions to obtain user preferences and feedback
- Proctor other data collection exercises: card sorts, surveys, verbal walk-throughs, etc.
- Present findings and recommendations
- Share output that facilitates tactical decision making for developers and designers (presentations, written documents, tables and charts, etc.)
- Provide summary updates to critical teams as insights build throughout the data collection process
- Communicate the value of research insights in a way that excites and motivates other departments and promotes user-centered conversations
Qualifications:WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- BA/BS or MA/MS in behavioral science or closely related discipline. Qualifying fields include but are not limited to: Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology (Cognitive or Experimental), Interface Design, or Computer Science.
- 2 years of relevant experience in Human Factors as a Usability Analyst, Usability Support Analyst or similar role in a professional environment.
- Experience with an extensive variety of Usability research tools and methods (especially user-centered design processes), and involvement in running a variety of tests.
- Comfortable interviewing and observing people in many different situations while putting them at ease.
- Experience with Lean UX methodologies and able to write cohesive hypothesis statements.
- Proven ability to synthesize large amounts of information and distill it into meaningful data and research findings.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task; Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid project management and planning skills
- Rudimentary statistical understanding and familiarity with SPSS or R
- Self-directed with effective time management skills, comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and independently managing deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Exhibit strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to make sound recommendations and decisions based on observed user behavior and prior experience
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.