Production Director, Reprints
We are seeking a Production Director to oversee the Reprint Production department for all Penguin Publishing Group adult division imprints (active backlist of approximately 12,000 titles plus reprints for approximately 1,100 new titles per year; hardcover, trade, and mass market formats).
The Production Director will:
* Oversee a Production staff of 7; monitor workloads and level-set as needed
* Coordinate with Inventory control department to balance schedule needs and volume
* Work closely with vendors on daily reprints as well as print-ahead program
* Problem solve and advise staff on technical issues, schedules, and non-standard projects.
* Liaise with Art Departments on reprint cover corrections and changes to specs to ensure consistency and desired results on reprinted components
* Monitor vendor adherence to Penguin quality standards, scheduling and best practices
* Work closely with Managing Editorial to implement requested reprint changes
* Attend weekly reprint meetings with Inventory department and Publisher for each imprint
* Attend monthly first print meetings with Initials Production staff, Inventory, and Publishers to anticipate potential priority titles for reprinting
* Attend monthly production heads meetings with corporate production ops department and other divisional heads to review internal and external supply chain issues
* 10+ years book production experience in fast-paced, high-volume environment; management experience preferred
* Deep knowledge of all aspects of book production including 4/c; hands-on color management expertise
* Excellent communication and people management skills
* Strong organizational skills, analytic ability and publishing industry knowledge
* Proficiency with enterprise systems such as SAP, MS applications, FMP databases
* Working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
* Digital archive experiencePenguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.