Associate Editor, CNBC Make It
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC Digital is looking to hire an Associate Editor to help manage its network of contributing writers under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, money and lifestyle.
The Associate Editor will work with Make It’s Contributors Editor to edit stories for structure, flow, style and factual accuracy. The Associate Editor will work on story formats including personal essays, reported pieces and op-eds.
Specific responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
Organizing workflow and editorial calendar of contributed contentRecruiting, editing and mentoring contributors Brainstorming ideas and pitching compelling stories that showcase the Make It brandCollaborating with contributors and Make It’s social media team to distribute and promote content
• At least 2 years of editing experience
• Ability to edit and write accurately in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
• Organizational skills, attention to detail, and outstanding communication and coordination skills
• Exceptional news judgment and a strong sense of trending topics that will resonate with the Make It audience
• Demonstrated interest in money, careers, leadership, lifestyle and entrepreneurship topics
• Previous experience working with freelance writers and contributors
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
• Copyediting skills and natural ability to make complex ideas easy to understand
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.