Editorial Assistant – Pamela Dorman Books
The Pamela Dorman Books imprint of Penguin Random House is seeking an Editorial Assistant to support the VP, Publisher on a list that includes upmarket, commercial fiction, and some nonfiction. Pamela Dorman Books has published more than twenty New York Times bestsellers titles including Jojo Moyes’ New York Times bestsellers Me Before You and The Giver of Stars, Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman, The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena, and Maria Shriver’s I’ve Been Thinking. . ., as well as acclaimed authors including J. Ryan Stradal (The Lager Queen of Minnesota, Kitchens of the Great Midwest) and Paolo Giordano (The Solitude of Prime Numbers and upcoming Heaven and Earth). The imprint is building the non-fiction list including participating in the Life program of upmarket psychology, spirituality, inspiration, and memoir.
The Editorial Assistant:
* Provides strong administrative support to the VP & Publisher (answers phones, files, photocopies, etc.).
* Reviews manuscripts, logs submissions, and writes reader’s reports.
* Learns editorial skills, including line and structural editing, under the guidance of the Publisher.
* Writes and edits catalog, flap, and marketing copy; prepares title information sheets and other marketing materials under VP & Publisher’s supervision.
* Attends editorial meetings.
* Acts as a liaison between authors, agents, and other in-house departments.
* Coordinates the editorial and production process.
* Manages the imprint’s online presence (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
* Liaises and coordinates with the imprint’s bookseller Buzz Group.
* Creates P&Ls and contract information sheets.
* Collects sales data and provides competitive title research.
* Prior office experience
* Prior experience within book publishing strongly preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
* Exceptional attention to detail and follow up skills
* Superb organizational skills
* Strong reading and analytic ability important, as well as ability to reading quickly and accurately
* Ability to master corporate marketing tools/systems important
* Ability to take initiative and problem solve creatively
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.