Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Logistics Coordinator will support the Logistics Journals operation, vendor relations, journal delivery to subscribers, conferences and newsstand distributors. The main purpose of this position is to ensure a well run and seamless day to day Logistics operation.
- Coordinate logistics for the conferences/exhibits and DIY (Do It Yourself) conference material.
- Ensure orders for books, journals and supplies are entered correctly in the MPS fulfillment system
- Coordinate the timely shipment of consolidations with the DC (Distribution Center) at Ingram
- Enter tracking information in MPS system
- Monitor the supply inventory, reordering and adjusting stock as necessary
- Coordinate drop shipment requests with the DC’s (Distribution Centers) and vendors
- Coordinate information regarding conferences and share information with other departments within the business.
- Set print orders and initial dispatch dates
- Collect and verify dispatch information from production, marketing, sales and other parts of the business as required
- Ensure material issue settings are correct in MPS system prior to initial dispatch file generation for conference shipments, office copies, newsstand copies, inserts, tip-ons, and any other material related distribution
- Verify initial dispatch files after order generation
- Provide label split instructions to printers and mailers
- Monitor receipt of POA and ASN confirmations from printers for both Initial and Subsequent Dispatches
- Manage department emails including answering queries from various departments within the business and work closely with customer services to provide inventory availability, tracking information and research delivery problems.
- Assist vendors as necessary (i.e. Sheridan Press, LSI, Globegisitcs, Ingram and PG)
- Back up the Logistics Assistant and Coordinator as needed
- Support Senior Logistics Manager (Journals) as needed
- Additional duties as needed
Experience, education, skills and qualifications required:
- College graduate or equivalent experience
- 2 – 3 years' experience in publishing and/or import/export required
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and able to work under pressure.
- Self-starter with a positive, can-do approach to problem-solving
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and computerized fulfillment systems preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus but not required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.