Associate Web/UX Designer
- Full Time
U.S. News & World Report has an immediate opening for an Associate Web/UX Designer. This position requires an excellent eye for design coupled with a keen ability to understand user needs, behaviors, and motivations. You should have strong Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator skills and be comfortable working with HTML and CSS. Strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines are also required.
- Participate in the requirements definition process with Product Management, Tech, and other key stakeholders
- Work with engineering counterparts to clarify requirements, solve design challenges, and QA work
- Create sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, specifications, annotations, and other UI design documents
- Collaborate within the Design Team to create a strong design system and library
- Work with sales and marketing to create banner ads and other collateral
- Facilitate User Testing, A/B Testing, and other User Research
- Understands and applies basic design principles to all of their work
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Comfortable with HTML and CSS
- Strong organizational skills and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Driven self-starter with an eagerness to learn and push yourself
- Ability to hit deadlines and communicate progress
- Familiarity with concepts including Atomic Web Design and Design Systems is a plus
- Experience with mobile-first design is a plus
- An online portfolio of your work
- Your work matters. The design work you do here will have a direct impact on our bottom line and your opinions will help shape products used to make important decisions.
- At U.S. News, there are always new problems to solve and interesting projects to which you can contribute.
- We have a high traffic site and each month your work will be seen by millions of people.
- We take pride in a great work environment. You will have talented coworkers to learn from and enjoy a strong work/life balance.
- Work will be done on-site at our offices in the Georgetown area of Washington, DC.
The U.S. News UX/Design team plays a lead role in product development across the company. We take pride in and ownership of our work. We are passionate about creating solid, user-centered design. Our ideal candidate will be able to contribute immediately and will both learn from us and teach us new things.
Compensation based on experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio.