Reporting to the VP and GM, Direct-To-Consumer, NBC Sports Gold the Senior Director will have responsibility for developing, refining, supporting, managing and executing a variety of operational functions, systems, tools and processes to measure and enable sustainable, scalable growth of the NBC Sports Gold portfolio/business. Additionally, the Senior Director will have oversight of fact-based, strategic analysis of initiatives and opportunities that expand and grow NBC Sports Gold (i.e., identify/size opportunities, conduct and support financial analysis, develop/contribute to frameworks and ideas for developing partnerships/relationships).
This person will be a critical member of the NBC Sports Gold, direct-to-consumer team working closely with the VP and GM, Direct- To-Consumer, NBC Sports Gold and will partner with a wide variety of Partners, stakeholders, functional leaders and teams including Programming, Production, Regional Sports Networks, Olympics, Product, Technology, Finance, Marketing, Content Distribution, Editorial, etc. The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering innovative customer-focused digital products and engages in continuous learning and improvement. They are able to work independently, lead and influence across functions/departments/teams, highly organized and experienced managing through ambiguity and competing responsibilities/priorities.
Responsibilities: Manage projects and processes across departments, functional areas and teams to deliver holistic solutions across the NBC Sports Gold portfolio Lead and manage Partner relationships that are essential to delivering growth, including planning, coordinating and executing across all strategic and operational initiatives for a designated portfolio of sports/sports properties Identify opportunities to improve processes, drive business operations and augment outcomes in areas such as retention, churn, trial usage, conversion, engagement, subscriber acquisition and customer valuePartner with Research and Product teams to measure traffic and engagement -- use insights to inform commercial strategy, product features/enhancements and to super serve audiences Size and evaluate growth opportunities with a focus on expansion of content categories, international territories, and rapidly growing or emerging digital market segmentsSupport development and implementation of analytic, data and CRM tools and reporting/dashboards that efficiently measure KPIs and deliver insights Communicate findings (supported by fact-based analysis) and insights effectively both verbally and in written form including authoring executive-ready presentationsContinually and proactively evaluate and identify market trends and competitive threatsSupport overall strategy, long range planning and budgeting Contribute to the building, mentorship and retention of an outstanding, high performing team Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Minimum five (5) years’ consulting, strategic planning or business development, experience in media/digital consumer intimacy businesses (i.e., digital/mobile content and services, content distribution)
- A well-developed understanding of consumer behaviors and usage patterns
- Experience successfully working across levels and functional areas in a dynamic, fast-paced environment (i.e., technical, creative, and executive team)
- Organized, self-starter who can work independently within set objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills; experience/ability to recognize patterns and spot issues.
- Demonstrated success managing large, cross-functional projects and delivering world-class end user experiences to consumers
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Mobile products including both iOS and Android, Social, Mobile or web analytics background is a plus
- Experience with e-commerce and/or payment systems is a plus
- Ability to generate trust and credibility with internal and external stakeholders and Partners
- A well-developed understanding of consumer behaviors and usage patterns
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills
- Ability to accurately assess longer term implications of changing business models while also focusing on optimizing and implementing short term
- Strong understanding of the growth drivers of the business and prioritizes initiatives that will accelerate momentum
- Technology savvy; strong conceptual understanding of digital and mobile technologies -- abreast of relevant trends that could impact the business short and long-term
- Forward-thinking, strategic and tactical executive with experience managing multi-tiered, internal decision-making
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
NBC Sports Digital:
A division of the NBC Sports Group, Emmy Award-winning NBC Sports Digital offers sports fans 24/7 news coverage, extensive live-event streaming, and complementary coverage of many of the properties within NBC Sports Group’s unparalleled collection of media rights across web, mobile and connected devices. The division’s live streaming portfolio includes some of the most-watched and most-trafficked events of all time, including Sunday Night Football on a weekly basis, Stanley Cup Playoffs, and the Olympic Games.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.