Product/Web designer (Contract)
(Contract Position for one year)
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are looking for an accomplished product/web designer with experience creating engaging, user-focused, enterprise-level web projects to work on a large higher education site redesign. This is a one-year contract position that requires coordinating with our in-house design, editorial, and IT teams on-site at our New York, NY office. Requires deep knowledge of state-of-the-art web design trends and issues, including responsive design and accessibility, and excellent UX/UI design skills.
- Design compelling on-brand web products while maintaining strong UI/UX
- Think strategically about user experience, interaction design and information architecture and explore new, innovative interactive approaches to tell our brand’s story
- Produce and share multiple concepts/designs and provide strong recommendations based upon data and best practices
- Collaborate effectively with in-house design, editorial, and IT teams
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- 5+ years of web and UX design experience
- Fluency in web trends and best practices
- Firm understanding of web standards and responsive design
- Able to create systematic, yet versatile designs that work across a large site.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with others and work as part of team
- Extremely organized and able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Understand front-end development and mobile best practices
- Proficiency in Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong command of typography, layout, form, and color.
- Understanding of SEO and web performance optimization
- Experience designing for accessibility
- Experience designing for web performance
- Experience developing a web style guide
- Drupal experience a plus