Location: Centennial, Colorado
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Code and direct local newscasts using Ross Overdrive Automated Production Control environment. Work with producers and news talent in a collaborative effort to execute a flawless newscast. Direct, edit, and produce technical aspects of newscasts and other productions such as promos, cut-ins, special reports, and other projects assigned inside a studio environment or outside.Responsible for the on-air product, including camera shots, graphic and clip playback, lighting, monitors, sets, and any other technical aspect of the production.Edit video/audio and create graphic elements for the newscasts or any other production as required.Additional duties as needed/assigned to better the production of the newscast.
• Minimum 3 years of TD/ Directing experience with Ross Overdrive Production Automation, or similar.
• Minimum 3 year’s experience in audio, video and graphics editing platforms such as but not limited to Grass Valley Edius, Avid iNews, and Adobe Premiere.
• Experience working with automated systems including but not limited to robotic camera controls, graphic/clip playback, and ingest.
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary) early mornings, evenings, holidays, and extended hours.
• Must be willing to perform any task assigned for the betterment of the newscast.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com
• Must be able to work any of a 24 x 7 schedule.
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, Colorado.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must provide a demo Reel of sample work.
• Must accept Solutions, as NBCUniversal’s Dispute resolution program.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Bi-lingual; fluent in both Spanish and English.
• Degree in Journalism and/or Mass Communication preferred.
• Strong oral/written communications and interpersonal skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to make proper “live show” judgment decisions to adapt to changes before and during the newscasts.
• Must have strong non-linear editing skills.
• Detailed oriented and capable of working under tight deadlines.
• Experience with technical switching and with multiple video/audio playback units.
• Ability to assist with camera operations and configuration, equipment changes and modifications.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot equipment failure, fix and find solutions to maintain quality of newscast on-air.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.