Associate Director, Social Communications
- Full Time
Associate Director, Social Communications
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA), one of Lincoln Center’s eleven resident organizations, serves a unique role on the Lincoln Center campus, serving as the landlord of the sprawling 16-acre complex, overseeing day-to-day operations, security, and maintenance. This also includes the management of major construction and renovation projects, space rentals, and coordination of outdoor public events.
LCPA is also a leading arts presenter, showcasing a dynamic array of music, dance, and theatre on its stages, curating the American Songbook, Great Performers, Mostly Mozart Festival, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors, White Light Festival, and David Rubenstein Atrium series as well as overseeing production for the PBS series, Live From Lincoln Center.
Lastly, Lincoln Center Education (LCE), which is part of the LCPA umbrella, strives to help young people in New York develop skills in problem solving, collaboration, communication, imagination, and creativity through their engagement with the arts. In doing so, LCE works to develop teaching artists and oversees community, family, and school programming across the boroughs of New York City.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications, the Associate Director plays a leading role in developing Lincoln Center’s brand voice and in the work of the Lincoln Center Communications department, leading strategy and execution across our channels, ensuring our social media activity is contributing positively to Lincoln Center’s strategic priorities, and building, expanding and sustaining relationships with new and diverse audiences, and deepening engagement with existing fans of Lincoln Center.
The Associate Director, Social Communications manages a small social media team and collaborates closely with other members of the Communications & Marketing Department, as well as with colleagues across Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, the Lincoln Center campus, and artistic, educational and community partners.
- Provide expertise and new ideas for social communications that align with Lincoln Center’s goals, industry best practices, and changes in the social media environment;
- Develop and manage execution of social strategy that contributes positively to institutional goals and priorities;
- Design social media campaigns around a range of Lincoln Center activities and advocacy, establishing specific goals and measuring effectiveness through a mix of quantitative and qualitative data;
- Primary lead on shaping voice, publishing content, and community management across social channels;
- With the Chief Communications and Marketing Officer and team, evolve and enhance Lincoln Center brand,
- Collaborate with colleagues across department who manage project-specific social channels to ensure strategy and messaging are aligned with institutional goals; advise of subject matter, processes, and shaping of content creation (Lincoln Center Education, Lincoln Center Young Patrons, Lincoln Center Corporate Fund, Lincoln Center venue sales, David Rubenstein Atrium, Lincoln Center people team);
- Collaborate with 10 Constituent organizations to amplify their voices;
- Report on social media campaigns for internal colleagues and clients; and
- Manage social media team of two junior staffers; train and manage seasonal interns.
- Experience in social media, editorial or broadcasting, preferably with a cultural institution or publication
- Experience collaborating on and producing video shoots
- Experience working in a changing culture
- Sense of humor and diplomatic skills essential
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Ability to manage and delegate a high workload, ensuring aggressive targets and deadlines are met
- Experience supervising direct reports
- Ability to produce content for Lincoln Center’s website, as needed
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Deep knowledge of the performing arts, contemporary pop culture and social media best practices
- Demonstrated experience executing creative, multi-channel social media campaigns
- Deep understanding of the diverse ethnic and immigrant communities in New York City
- Mac and PC proficient
- Fluency in Content Management, HTML, Social Media platforms
- Pro Tools, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition and After Effects
- Master’s degree in Journalism or Digital Media is a plus
Please submit a resume with your application. Cover letters are encouraged.
Internal candidates should submit an application via the employee portal.
It is the policy of Lincoln Center to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital or civil partnership/union status, familial or caregiver status, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, military or veteran status, genetic information, predisposition, or carrier status, unemployment status, domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.