DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER
- Full Time
Join our team at a very exciting and dynamic time for the institution. With a new President & CEO starting in December, Japan Society is heading into its second century with plans for global innovation, program revitalization, and deepened bridge-building between the people of the United States and Japan. As the Digital Content Producer, you will be responsible for managing the organization’s owned digital real estate and will play a key role in shaping the digital roadmap for the future.
The Digital Content Producer is responsible for overseeing, developing, and updating all content on the Japan Society website, including program and event pages, promotional placements, and registration flows. This person also manages email marketing initiatives across multiple teams, scheduling and producing all campaigns, and ensuring a successful build, testing and launch process. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of website and mobile optimization, SEO/SEM and analytics, plus be comfortable with light graphic design and image editing.
As the Digital Content Producer, you must be an excellent project manager, with superb writing and proofreading skills. The role requires flexibility in working across multiple projects concurrently, with an ability to shift priorities when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop content and manage edits to Japan Society web properties using a proprietary CMS, ensuring design and copy meet Japan Society’s style guide and graphic standards;
- Schedule, produce and edit the society’s email marketing campaigns, on behalf of the program and development teams;
- Oversee the primary Japan Society email inbox and respond to, or redirect inquiries, in a timely manner;
- Monitor and update SEO metadata, and manage all facets of the organization’s SEM campaigns (via Google Adwords);
- Analyze site traffic, content usage, and ticket sale conversion, and recommend or implement data-based optimizations where applicable;
- Actively project manage site functionality updates and design overhauls as they arise.
- 4-year degree in related field, or combination of relevant education and work experience;
- 3+ years work experience in related positions;
- Working knowledge of CMS, email marketing, and social media platforms;
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Fine-tuned skills in accuracy and proofreading with meticulous attention to details;
- Familiarity with principles of user experience design (UX), including usability, navigation, site architecture, information design and accessibility;
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and overlapping deadlines;
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment, with a passion for problem solving;
- Experience with Blackbaud software, Google Analytics and HTML5 desired;
- Strong interest in Japanese culture a plus.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to the Director of Human Resources: email@example.com.
About Japan Society: Founded in 1907, Japan Society in New York City presents sophisticated, topical and accessible experiences of Japanese art and culture, and facilitates the exchange of ideas, knowledge and innovation between the U.S. and Japan. More than 200 events annually encompass world-class exhibitions, dynamic classical and cutting-edge contemporary performing arts, film premieres and retrospectives, workshops and demonstrations, tastings, family activities, language classes, and a range of high-profile talks and expert panels that present open, critical dialogue on issues of vital importance to the U.S., Japan and East Asia. Visit our website: www.japansociety.org.
Japan Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.