Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The part-time, temporary Logistics Assistant will support the Logistics day-to-day operation, answering queries, coordinating book and journal delivery to customers, conferences and newsstand distributors. The main purpose of this position is to ensure a well-run and seamless Logistics operation and support Logistics projects. Job Responsibilities:
Assist vendors as necessary (i.e. Sheridan Press, LSI, Globegisitcs, Ingram and PG) Back up the Logistics Coordinators as needed Support Logistics department with day-to-day tasks Participate in Projects relating to Logistics department Additional duties as needed Experience, education, skills and qualifications required:
- Responsible for supporting Logistics department with day-to-day operations, responding to queries from other teams relating to logistics, and support various departments within the business with inventory availability, tracking information and research delivery problems.
- Collect circulation and mailing statistics for USPS Statements of Ownership and BPA circulation statements.
- Assist in coordinating BPA audits and delivering required postal receipts and logistics documents.
- Collect postal and distribution receipts and files for circulation and postal audits
- Check and code department invoices and submit for approval and payment
- Support setting print orders and initial dispatch dates as needed
- Collect and verify dispatch information from production, marketing, sales and other parts of the business as required
- Ensure material issue settings are correct in MPS system prior to initial dispatch file generation for conference shipments, office copies, newsstand copies, inserts, tip-ons, and any other material related distribution
- Verify initial dispatch files after order generation
- Provide label split instructions to printers and mailers
- High school or college graduate or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in publishing and/or import/export preferred
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and able to work under pressure
- Self-starter with a positive, can-do approach to problem-solving
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and computerized fulfillment systems preferred
- Knowledge of SAP a plus but not required
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.