Business Process Analyst IV
- Full Time
• Plans, performs and implements process improvement and/or change management initiatives.
• Develops and implements processes to establish and maintain quality standards of existing products and services.
• Develops policies, methods and procedures to supporting and lending to improvement of business processes and in support of change management.
• Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
• Ensure that changes are deployed in a consistent, timely fashion that manages the risk of change, minimizes disruptions to the target environment, and provides a framework to ensure that changes are successfully implemented
• Researches best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data.
• Analyzes and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements.
• Develops and authors methods and procedures / job aides, processes and other formalized documents based on business requirements.
• Determines how new information technologies can support reengineering business processes.
• Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities. Diagrams and evaluates existing processes.• Measures performance against process requirements.
• Organizes, leads and facilitates cross-functional project teams.
• Has mutual ownership and accountability with business partners on the systems and tools they support.
• Understands the interdependent architectures, systems and services between multiple functional areas in the Field and at Corporate.
• Successfully builds and manages relationships between various field and corporate contacts to fully meet their business process and change management needs.
This includes defining policies, methods & procedures and best practices.
• Performs troubleshooting of technical and business processes
• Understands the implications and applications of emerging technologies along with non-technical processes
• Delivers presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement and control.
• Plans, performs and implements process improvement and/or change, event, incident, configuration, root cause or asset management initiatives.
• Responsible for facilitating meetings and presentations to senior leadership
• Provides input into the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management.
• Develops analytical tools and modeling of complex operations systems and processes
• Serves as a SME to provide tactical guidance and support to lower level staff by answering questions and aiding in resolving difficult issues.
• Leads small teams of analysts on special projects or major operational studies
• Conducts readiness assessment of processes, evaluates results and presents findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
• Contributes to the development of long-term strategy for specific functional area.
• Drives vendors toward open standard, reliable, scalable, and more cost effective architectures.
• Proactively identifies ways to improve functional process and procedures; makes recommendations to management
• 8 years of experience in related field (i.e. Change management, process improvement, project management, Engineering, Technical Operations) or academic equivalent training or projects.
• Requires working knowledge of engineering or related processes, development of methods and procedures.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
• 5 years of experience developing process, change management models or methods & procedure documents for specific function.Preferred
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree).• Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Travel may be required on average from 10% to 15%, but could be as high as 25%, as business dictates, to and from Atlanta and all Cox locations for team collaboration meetings, meetings with Senior Leadership and/or training opportunities when Telepresence facilities are either not available or conducive to the work effort involved.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.