Assistant Vice President for Communications and Marketing
- Full Time
Job Title: Assistant Vice President for Communications and Marketing
Job ID: 21540
Location: Brooklyn College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Brooklyn College, a vibrant senior college of the City University of New York, invites applications for the position of Assistant Vice President for Communications and Marketing.
The Assistant Vice President for Communications and Marketing leads the college's integrated marketing and communications strategy and provides primary oversight of the Office of Communications and Marketing. The AVP is responsible for enhancing the image, visibility, and understanding of Brooklyn College locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Assistant Vice President works closely with the entire senior leadership team, serves as the College's chief communications and marketing officer, and provides leadership and oversight to marketing, branding, media communications, and public relations across all areas of the College. The Assistant Vice President's functional responsibilities include marketing strategy and integration, digital and interactive communications, visual identity and editorial standards, advertising, media relations, marketing collateral, and collection and dissemination of data and information needed to promote the College's programs, people, and priorities.
General Duties include but not limited to:
- Develop and implement strategic communications, marketing, and media relations activities for the College.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to develop and oversee a College marketing plan and related activities in support of institutional goals.
- Oversee the execution of the College’s comprehensive brand strategy and ensure brand consistency across the College.
- Develop a messaging platform that accurately reflects the College’s brand, and work with senior administrators and other faculty and staff to develop specific messages for target audiences that align with the College brand.
- In Conjunction with President and the Vice President for Institutional Advancement articulate the College position on complex and sensitive issues; serve as the official spokesperson of the College with media.
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President for Enrollment Management to ensure a strong recruitment campaign that conveys a consistent message and effective use of the College brand.
- Work with the Vice President for Institutional Advancement to create high-quality engagement materials for alumni and donors, the annual fund, and the capital campaign; create an annual schedule of print and digital publications for key audiences; ensure that communications materials are well integrated with advancement objectives.
- Collaborate with faculty, students, and staff to foster coordinated College communications and marketing activities that promote faculty accomplishments and student achievement.
- Provide strategic counsel to College units on effective marketing and communication tactics. Align unit-based marketing and communication plans with relevant priorities and value propositions.
- Motivate and manage communications and marketing staff to be a high functioning unit with effectively integrated areas of expertise.
- Devise and implement metrics to measure return on investment and determine the efficacy of marketing activities. Assess College-wide investments in marketing and communications, and advise the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and senior leadership on where to deploy resources in order to maximize results.
- Oversee College crisis management plan and assume responsibility for development of emergency communications, working closely with the Director of Campus Safety and senior leadership.
- Represent the College with the City University of New York on matters related to marketing and communications and coordinate with members of the chancellery on broad issues that affect the university as a whole.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
- Master's degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field.
- Extensive experience developing and managing integrated communications activities, including supervision of staff and budget;
- Experience with the technical fields of web design, print design, writing and editing, marketing, brand management, public relations, and project management; experience working with national and international media outlets.
- Experience in higher education communications and marketing.
- Appreciation for Brooklyn College mission, tradition, and future directions.
- Demonstrated skill in message development and audience identification for the institution and the administration.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively to solve problems and motivate professional team.
Assistant Vice President
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit https://cuny.jobs/brooklyn-college/new-jobs/ and click on the position. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Please submit your application online by clicking on “Apply Now” below. In order to be considered, applicants must upload a cover letter (referenced Job ID # 21540) addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity and inclusion, current resume, and contact information (name, phone number, and email address) for three references in doc or pdf format.
January 14, 2020
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.