DK, one of the leading brands/imprints of Penguin Random House, is looking for an Associate Director to join their Operations team. This is an exciting new role where you will leverage deep reporting and supply chain experience to align our processes with the changes and intricacies of today’s trade book marketplace.
This position will report into the DK Director of Operations and will supervise two direct reports. As a team, the focus will be to support current inventory and supply chain practices through the life of the book, balancing overseas lead times and costs with responsiveness to today’s point of sale/algorithm driven industry. In addition, in this role you will be the lead in rebooting current processes, creating tools and tasks that support improved data driven decisions and overall efficiencies.
As this is a new position, we are looking for someone who has a strategic approach and whose communications skills are very strong. Once you are up and running, you will have plenty of autonomy along with exposure to senior level staff, so attention to detail and results are crucial.
In this role, you will
* Make print decisions and oversee inventory management.
* Prepare for and run weekly print meetings.
* Lead in the preparation for meetings related to forecasting (frontlist or backlist), margins, transportation, production, and overstocks.
* Review reporting and analytics tools, assist with optimizing, and recommend alternatives
* Work collaboratively with key departments in London (Production), New York (Sales/Finance), Indianapolis (Managing Editorial), and Westminster, MD (Transportation and Distribution Center).
* Trouble shoot various issues from simple to critical when they arise.
* Conduct special reporting and execute analytics projects as needed.
Requirements for the role:
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in consumer product supply chain and fulfillment
* Book publishing and/or merchandise manufactured overseas experience a plus, but not required
* Project management and/or finance background a plus
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Knowledge of reporting tools such as Excel, Power BI and PowerPoint
* Analytics experience with ability to report and present results to key stakeholders
* Experience managing a team with one or more direct reports
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.