Viking Children’s Books, an imprint in the Penguin Young Readers division, is seeking a Designer who will be responsible for designing and managing a varied list of books that includes board books, picture books, chapter books, illustrated novels, graphic novels, YA novels, and some non-fiction titles.
In this role, you will:
* Design and manage all stages of book production, including working with illustrators, creating designs and preparing layouts, preparing files for the printer, color-correcting proofs, and archiving final projects.
* Adhere to production schedules.
* Work collaboratively with all members of the team from concept to bound book.
* Remain current on art, design, and publishing trends.
* Coordinate with other in-house departments to ensure materials requests are met in a timely and effective manner.
* Help to refresh our rich backlist of titles for today’s market.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a design capacity in children’s books
* Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
* Knowledge of pre-press and four-color printing processes
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.