Associate Editor, Healthcare
- Full Time
We’re looking for a sharp Associate Editor to be a part of our healthcare publication. You’ll regularly write stories on the ever evolving healthcare industry, including hospitals, insurers and providers, from breaking news briefs to in-depth original stories. You’ll assist in editing during our morning newsletter process, cultivate relationships with sources, and collaborate with a small team. This position reports to the managing editor.
What can you bring to the table:
- A track record of strong writing and reporting skills and ability to thrive in a fast paced news environment. Experience covering the healthcare or related sector is preferred.
- Ability to interpret business concepts, including financial reports and government regulation.
- Ability to build relationships with industry, government and other sources and grasp complex subjects related to healthcare.
- Strong digital news knowledge and aptitude.
- Deadline-oriented time management skills; ability to turn around stories on tight deadlines, including breaking news coverage. Proficiency in social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree or better in journalism, English or similar field.
- At least 2 years experience writing and reporting.
What you'll do:
- You’ll regularly write stories for our Healthcare Dive daily morning newsletter and work with the rest of the team on assignments and editing in a collaborative fashion.
- You’ll help Identify key industry storylines we can own.
- Pitch and execute standout pieces on breaking news in the industry and broader trends.
- Track analytics to gauge what stories are resonating with readers.
- Work in a growing newsroom that encourages innovative projects that showcase creativity.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Since then, we have become one of the business world's fastest-growing providers of journalism, providing news and exclusive insights to 7+ million decision-makers in 16 different markets. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers help inform and connect the most competitive industries. Our insights spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive was selected as a "Best Place to Work" by the Washington Post in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and by the Washington Business Journal in 2015, 2016 and 2017.