Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Position Summary and General Description:
The Customer Service Specialist performs all functions related to customer service and pre-sale/inbound telephone marketing activities within an Automated Call Distribution environment. The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for handling 2nd level calls and emails, as well as overflow calls from our BPO team. They are also responsible in handling all calls when the BPO call center is down, recording and processing orders for books, journals, and related products, claims, inquiries, etc., in a multi-channel environment. He/she will assist in training our 1st level BPO agents and assist colleagues in all locations on email backlogs. He/she will also provide general information to customers and act as the liaison between the internal departments and clientele as necessary.
- Handle all 2nd level email tickets assigned to NY Customer Service in a prompt, professional manner.
- Offer prompt, professional, and polite assistance to customers and colleagues in both oral and written communication, including email correspondence and chat messaging.
- Record telephone orders and provide requested information to the customers, maintain an accurate record of this activity.
- Quality check emails by the BPO team, add a note with proper detailed instructions on the handling and manage process.
- Support the BPO team by handling all calls when the BPO phone lines are down, ensuring all calls are handled in a polite and professional manner, while continuing to handle all daily tasks.
- Support all of our authors within the Americas on issues, orders, claims, questions, etc.
- Assist Credit & Collection in customer account inquiries regarding invoice paid or unpaid status, account balances, credit status and all other related accounting matters.
- Support Trade Sales by processing urgent orders, working with Logistics to ensure the shipment reaches its destination by the ‘need by’ date, and keeping Trade Sales aware of the order status.
- Assist in training the BPO team with new tasks, new employees, and ensuring our instructions are kept up-to-date, advising the team of any additions/changes to the instructions.
- Support all Customer Service locations on any backlog of email tickets once the Customer Service tickets have been completed.
- Support Editorial colleagues with complimentary issues, product recalls, author assistance, etc.
- Review and respond to all Americas Trustpilot reviews of 3 stars or less, promptly resolving any issues still outstanding, and enter the information on these reviews on the Google spreadsheet requested by the Webshop Team.
- Review the possible Fraudulent Webshop orders when a report is received, investigate the customer with FI and through the internet if suspicious, and release order if customer is cleared.
- Process claim orders, cancellations, picking errors, short shipments, original orders, invoice and credit memo copies and informs customers of status.
- Provide frontline service and support for our Latin American customers for both books and journals.
- Work with Logistics to obtain tracking information when necessary and informs and follows-up on all information regarding proof of delivery, a lack of or incorrect shipping information and claims due to “books damaged in transit by shipper” as communicated by customers.
- Perform related duties as required.
- College background preferred with minimum one (1) year of customer service experience required.
- Must be sales-oriented with excellent phone manner and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle 75-90 daily telephone contacts within an ACD (Automated Call Distribution) environment required.
- Must be well-organized, attentive to detail, and possess excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- Familiarity with Excel, Windows XP and the Internet helpful.
- Knowledge of SAP and FreshDesk a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.