Social Media Producer
- Full Time
Social Media Producer
The social media producer will manage and grow audience, revenue, and brand for Washingtonian via its flagship accounts, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
This is a collaborative role, working with editorial, events, marketing, and advertising teams to create, curate and manage social content (images, written, video). They will engage with Washingtonian’s large community and promote content, sponsors and events on current and emerging social media platforms.
- Engage with Washingtonian’s 658,000+ followers
- Promote content, sponsors and events on current and emerging social media platforms
- Support sales team to drive revenue through social platforms
- Create high quality content for Washingtonian posts, stories, events, circulation, and revenue campaigns
- Produce and edit images and copy for social media
- Ensure posts reflect Washingtonian’s tone, voice, brand, and standards
- Track social metrics and provide key insights in reports
- Monitor, analyze and respond to community reactions
- Stay up to date on social media tools, trends, and emerging technologies
- Some night or weekend work to cover Washingtonian branded events and breaking news stories
- Contribute to cross-platform marketing plans around major rollouts that span print, digital and event elements
- Planning, strategy, and goal setting across all social media platforms
- Implement a content calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Minimum 2 years of professional social media experience (media companies preferred)
- Displays in-depth knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and corresponding tools to manage these platforms such as Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Buffer, Later, Unfold, Bit.ly, etc.
- Proven ability to maintain multiple social media presences and understand how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
Demonstrates a creative, “go-getter”, “ always thinking outside of the box” attitude
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics and other social media analytics tools
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple teams and stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to customize language and tone for different platforms
- Practices superior time management and possesses strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong language skills and attention to detail
BA/BS Degree. Washingtonian is an equal opportunity employer, serving the diverse community of Washington, D.C., and its suburbs with useful and non-partisan reporting on the region’s food scene, personalities, and events. This is a full-time, exempt position.
To apply, please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.