Digital Communications Manager - (2970)
- Full Time
Sitting within the Communications Department, the Digital Communications Manager develops and delivers content to increase IIE’s brand reach and highlight our capabilities, services, and philanthropic efforts. In addition to expanding IIE’s brand voice and strategic direction on communications materials, this position drives engagement on our social media and web platforms. The Digital Communications Manager works in close collaboration with the Washington, DC Public Affairs manager, Communications and Web Systems colleagues in optimizing content on iie.org, developing integrated multiplatform campaigns, and measuring digital engagement. This individual also coordinates with and advises sponsored programs in amplifying their reach on IIE social platforms as needed.
• Writes and edits content for IIE’s social media platforms that builds meaningful connections, encourages IIE’s audiences to take action, and advances organizational visibility and mission
• Develops fundraising and marketing copy for print and digital collateral materials that support IIE’s fundraising and business development objectives
• Analyzes, reviews and reports on effectiveness of social media initiatives using qualitative metrics and online tools to maximize results
• Leads social media training for all team members managing program social media channels, including continuing education on best practices
• Works closely with Communications colleagues in developing digital campaigns for special IIE initiatives and events
• Serves internal stakeholders such as IIE’s philanthropy team as primary Communications point of contact for written, social, and web-related support
Education and Work Experience:
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
• Requires at least five years of related work experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent writing and editing skills in both digital and printed platforms, with experience writing marketing and fundraising copy for the non-profit sector preferred
• Avid social media user who stays on top of developments with social media tools, trends and applications; Strong understanding of social media content strategy; Innovative and creative thinking, able to introduce new ideas to both approach and content.
• Experience working with social media scheduling platforms and managing vendors such as Meltwater, Hootsuite, etc.
• Experience managing content and strategy for social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other similar community engagement sites.
• Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems such as Wordpress, Sitecore, etc.
• Basic HTML knowledge and experience working with photo-editing software preferred
• Interest and or experience in video/digital storytelling a plus
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.