Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC News is seeking a highly-skilled Premiere editor to support an exciting new partnership launching on Quibi. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced news environment. The ideal candidate can quickly transform raw video into highly-produced news packages with music and graphics. We’re looking for someone with a sharp eye for detail and a good ear for pacing. This editor will also be responsible for ensuring that projects are QC'ed; exported to spec; and delivered efficiently and on time.
• 5+ years of digital post-production experience; editing in Adobe Premiere Pro
• 2+ years working in a high-pressure environment meeting tight deadlines
• Strong understanding of digital workflows and file-based delivery
• Strong understanding of frame rates, aspect ratios, and resolutions
• Ability to read video scopes and audio levels
• Demonstrated news editorial judgment
• Proven experience editing content for a variety of digital platforms, in non-traditional formats and resolutions.
• A team player who can work flexible hours including evenings, early mornings and weekends.
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues with editing software and equipment
• Familiarity with newsroom shorthand
• Collaborative spirit
Please include link to reel
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.