Director, Unscripted Programming – Current & Development
Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, Producer, Television & Film
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Work with SVP & VP to develop and produce all USA/SYFY unscripted programmingHelp develop new and current programming including identifying and securing new talent for projects in developmentField pitches, provide notes on cuts and scripts and work with all network departments to coordinate new series launchesGuide editorial on pilot/presentationsOccasionally attend shoots (may require travel)Build and maintain relationships with production and/or co-production partnersPerforms other related duties as required by management
The Director, Unscripted Development & Current will report directly to the SVP, Alternative Development & Production for USA & SYFY. The job function will be ideating, developing and generating ideas for unscripted content. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong passion for unscripted television.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 6+ years of television development experience
• Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Interested candidates must submit a resume through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must be willing to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Passion for unscripted programming
• Demonstrated experience developing creative ideas into viable pilots/presentations
• Hands-on experience from both a production and development stand-point
• Strong writing and interpersonal skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.