Assignment Editor/Web Editor
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• Support and assist the production of all elements involved in a local show. As an Assignment Editor, you will be responsible for fulfilling all content needs for our shows as requested by Producers and Managers
• Coordinates activities of Newsroom gathering staff; maintains contact with outside news agencies, police/fire departments (community organization) and other sources to obtain information regarding developing news items. Coordinate distribution of content between different platforms: TV, Web and Social Media
• Understanding function of multi news scanners
• Facilitate news gathering process; ensure comprehensive coverage of news stories.
• Enterprise story ideas and work with Reporters, Producers and Web Editors to develop and cover stories
• Manage the logistics of day-to-day assignments for local field crews
• Dispatch crews and information in a timely and organized manner
• Conceptualize platform integration with Producers, Web Editors, Reporters, Photographers and other personnel in a timely and organized manner
• Conceive distribution of content between news platforms: TV/Web/Social Media
• Anticipate special news events and conceptualize plan for content integration
• Write scripts / edit tape segments as needed
• Work with News Management to effectively use available resources in managing operations
• Report and create original content for our digital platforms, including articles and videos, to reflect the station’s commitment of informing our community about local news that affect our viewers.
• Gather news content from our newsroom as well as using other tools and trending topics to produce content for our digital platforms.
• Ensure the content that is created follows NBCUniversal’s policies and guidelines for news reporting.
• Work with the digital team, reporters, photographers, assignment desk, producers and news director to create and update content for our digital platforms.
• Manage the station’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts by publishing original content that drives users back to telemundo60.com.
• Monitor the station’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts to identify possible new tips and story leads.
• BA, BS or Master in Broadcasting, Journalism and/or Communications
• Minimum 3 year relevant experience on Electronic Media
• Solid editorial judgment
• Knowledge digital platforms (web, mobile) and social media.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to speak read and write fluently in English and Spanish
• Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills.
• Must be able to write in Spanish using proper grammar and punctuation.
• Experience editing videos and photos to create digital content.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, especially when working on a breaking news story.
• Must be willing to work in San Antonio, Texas
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be able to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Experience in leading and managing people
• Have good interpersonal skills, be a dependable, quick thinker with an eye for detail
• Be creative with a positive attitude and a motivated team player
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.