Location: Houston, Texas
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, Producer, Television & Film
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Telemundo NBC Universal’s Owned Television station in Houston, Texas , KTMD TV, is looking for an Anchor/Reporter:
· Perform on-air anchor responsibilities for designated Telemundo Houston newscasts or program across KTMD’s multiple platforms.
· Contribute story ideas for key series pieces for daily news programs.
· Prepare and/or assemble, and present story content in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner.
· Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present Telemundo Houston news specials and packages based on either breaking or pre-planned stories.
· Generate story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews .
· Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local stories.
· Leverage relationships within the community for the purpose of developing connections to story leads and bridge relevant activities through community relations department.
· Participate in station-sponsored and philanthropic events and all assigned special promotions projects.
· Perform field reporting, fill-in for other shows, and other temporary assignments, as needed.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as anchor in a top market.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as television reporter.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Proven track record of strong writing, storytelling and live reporting skills.
• BI-lingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Houston, TX.
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shift and willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigatio.n
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Minimum 5 years of news anchor experience and 10 years of newsroom experience.
• Solid news judgment, strong writing and research skills
• Experience in a variety of anchor/host scenarios, including studio, remotes, specials, etc.
• Experience in a variety of on-air reporting functions including anchoring, investigations, franchises, etc.
• Very strong speech skills with the ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news.
• Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Experience in automated studio environments.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news environment.
• Active engagement in Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
• Effective self-starter with the proven ability to generate and produce news stories.
• Proficiency delivering enterprising stories.
• Experience being actively engaged in editorial processes and meetings.
• Understanding of emerging news production. techniques and technology, with a pioneering spirit with desire to learn emerging technologies and invent the future.
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
• Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.