PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed. Responsibilities
Work in a creative and collaborative manner with producers to develop editorially sound and dynamic content for distribution throughout the NBC Sports family of networksDemonstrate ability to edit b-roll, teases, features, and event turnarounds with direction from the production team or independently with minimal guidance.Edit content on an Avid Media Composer / Symphony or other non-linear editorAbility to work and deliver elements under tight deadlines.Coordinate with graphics and audio department on the delivery of needed elements to complete edit requirements.Ensure that the video image and sound quality of edited content is of high broadcast standard Act as a poised team player who can handle multiple projects at onceBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in non-linear editing on an Avid platform
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience working in a shared storage Avid/Interplay environment
- Experience working in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Understanding of video and audio measurement scopes
- Working knowledge of network broadcast technical specifications
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports is synonymous with superior production that elevates the event, broad promotion, and mutually-beneficial partnerships. Known as America’s Olympic Network, NBC has broadcasted 16 Olympic Games including the 2018 Olympic Winter Games, more than any other network. NBC Olympics is also renowned for its award-winning production including more than 90 Emmy Awards. Its ability to amass large audiences with broad promotion, particularly for the Olympics, has resulted in NBC Sports broadcasting nine of the top 10 most-watched events in U.S. television history, including the 2012 London Olympic Games which stands at No. 1 all time with 217 million viewers. In 2009, NBC Sports won the prestigious Peabody Award for its production of the Beijing Games and was named ‘Best in Sports Television’ at the Sports Business Awards.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.