Producer, In the Room, E! News
Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Handle heavy field producingHave a strong understanding of storytellingWork closely with the Bookings team to create dynamic segmentsPre-interview talent/guestsBrief and prep talent on needs/research/key pointsDirect editors and cut down segmentsResponsible for producing an entire show every week from beginning to endWork with multi-camera crews, Graphics, Post Production, Legal, and Studio departments to ensure the most dynamic segmentsWrite light segmentsResponsible for ensuring all deliverables of 30 minute show are met
A Producer for In the Room needs to be able to:
• Must have at least 6 years of editorial experience working in news production, live environment, and/or daytime
• Must have 6 years of field producing and writing experience
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
• Be proficient in Outlook and iNews
• Extensive experience directing editors and camera crews including multi-camera shoots.
• Must be willing to work (often on short notice) overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends and be available for breaking news.
• Have strong journalistic knowledge, writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Knowledgeable about social media
• Excellent knowledge and interest in pop culture
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
• Excellent storytelling skills
• Strong Interpersonal skills especially when under pressure and in breaking news situations
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.